Amazing Place to Work

Current Intern - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
Current Intern - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and pay, flexible hours, large amounts of learning resources, very nice people. It's an amazing experience and it's hard to understate how awesome the food is. They also have a lot of great programs for interns specifically to help make the apple experience even more amazing.

Cons

When deadlines are coming up hours get very intense, and other employees can get sucked into work so interns have be self-sufficient

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's working great

reviews filtered by

An innovative place to work

Current Employee - Product Design Lead
    Current Employee - Product Design Lead

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are encouraged to dream big dreams and to be passionate about what they do.

Cons

Very few negatives to speak about.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the employees to turn their dreams into reality

I interned at Apple this summer (2013). I was surprised at lack of diversity.

Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The internship was a great experience. We were introduced to the Apple culture, plus had executive speakers, and other fun activities. The company also provided housing.

Cons

The only problem I noticed at Apple was the diversity. I am a non-person of color but realized that there weren't many people of color in our intern class. It was quite noticeable especially during our intern events. There were like 5 interns of color out of hundreds of interns. During lunch at main campus, I never did see hardly any people of color sitting at a table. It was kind of odd to say the least. I thought Apple corporate diversity would resemble the retail store diversity. I could tell the interns of color noticed it too. I was talking to one of them and the intern mentioned visiting Google campus and that it was way more diverse. I recently visited Google at lunch for an interview and my friend was right, it’s a totally different feeling. Google’s executive leadership on the website even shows a person of color and a woman. I love Apple but sometimes wondered if it was by design (like their products). As a non-person of color, I felt Apple corporate Intern program could improve on this front. It was obvious that there isn't a voice pushing this in upper management. My 2 cents...

Advice to Management

Great intern program, bravo, but increase diversity of people of color...it just looks off.