Apple
3.9 of 5 3,100 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

Best retail in existence, ... But still RETAIL.

Specialist (Current Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros- $15 hr
- training
- 12 days vacation; 6 days sick time
- 25% discounts (1 time a yr); 15% for family: $500 off Mac OR $250 off iPhone (unlocked only) or iPad EVERY 3 YEARS.
- weird benefits like public transportation reimbursement; gym membership reimbursement; tuition reimbursement; stock options; 401k
- this is exactly the job I needed at my point in life- something I loved; something I was good at.

Cons- management too worried about themselves. There is no growth. All lies just to keep you motivated to keep doing well so they capitalize off your talents while they do nothing. 30% of my store ( and long term tenured ) left in the course of 3 months or so.
- terrible scheduling
- bad quality of life
- never two days off in a row.

I worked hard for two years straight and simply ran out of juice and patience. They sucked it right outta me. I never wanted to HAVE to quit!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over yourself. You're not creating these products, your supervise the break charts of the people who sell the crap outta them. Start being humans, and servant leaders. Not corporate robots running your retails sales sweatshop.

Don't join the wrong team.

Specialist (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Some store leaders and managers will coach you for great success. Exceptional health and… Cons: Wild variations between stores. If you're seen as part of a "bad store" or a "bad team," it's almost impossible to gain forward momentum in… Advice to Senior Management: Stop looking for ways to rule out internal candidates for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work; but the pay sucks!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great energy, great morale, great products, smart folks work here. Cons: The pay sucks unless you are in Executive Management or are a software engineer. You will starve to death unless you are in one of… Advice to Senior Management: Pay us more! We work our ass of for you! More

There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.