Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Best retail in existence, ... But still RETAIL.

Current Employee - Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- $15 hr
- training
- 12 days vacation; 6 days sick time
- 25% discounts (1 time a yr); 15% for family: $500 off Mac OR $250 off iPhone (unlocked only) or iPad EVERY 3 YEARS.
- weird benefits like public transportation reimbursement; gym membership reimbursement; tuition reimbursement; stock options; 401k
- this is exactly the job I needed at my point in life- something I loved; something I was good at.

Cons

- management too worried about themselves. There is no growth. All lies just to keep you motivated to keep doing well so they capitalize off your talents while they do nothing. 30% of my store ( and long term tenured ) left in the course of 3 months or so.
- terrible scheduling
- bad quality of life
- never two days off in a row.

I worked hard for two years straight and simply ran out of juice and patience. They sucked it right outta me. I never wanted to HAVE to quit!

Get over yourself. You're not creating these products, your supervise the break charts of the people who sell the crap outta them. Start being humans, and servant leaders. Not corporate robots running your retails sales sweatshop.

4096 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Don't join the wrong team.

Former Employee - Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some store leaders and managers will coach you for great success. Exceptional health and education benefits. Strong product training for team members who choose to avail themselves of it.

Cons

Wild variations between stores. If you're seen as part of a "bad store" or a "bad team," it's almost impossible to gain forward momentum in your career. Stacked rankings mean that you can exceed your goals and still fail to gain sponsorship for career advancement. You won't get fired, but you will get managed out with bad schedules and reduced hours. Leaders are more excited to recruit a senior leader from another company for a junior role at Apple instead of building a bench of talent.

Stop looking for ways to rule out internal candidates for advancement.

Great place to work; but the pay sucks!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great energy, great morale, great products, smart folks work here.

Cons

The pay sucks unless you are in Executive Management or are a software engineer. You will starve to death unless you are in one of these groups. Also, unless you are age 25 or under, forget it. They do big time age discrimination and don't like to hire seasoned, experienced people aged 40 (or older) when they can pay 11 bucks an hour for a kid.

Pay us more! We work our ass of for you!

There are newer employer reviews for Apple