There are newer employer reviews for Apple

I interned at Apple this summer (2013). I was surprised at lack of diversity.

Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The internship was a great experience. We were introduced to the Apple culture, plus had executive speakers, and other fun activities. The company also provided housing.

Cons

The only problem I noticed at Apple was the diversity. I am a non-person of color but realized that there weren't many people of color in our intern class. It was quite noticeable especially during our intern events. There were like 5 interns of color out of hundreds of interns. During lunch at main campus, I never did see hardly any people of color sitting at a table. It was kind of odd to say the least. I thought Apple corporate diversity would resemble the retail store diversity. I could tell the interns of color noticed it too. I was talking to one of them and the intern mentioned visiting Google campus and that it was way more diverse. I recently visited Google at lunch for an interview and my friend was right, it’s a totally different feeling. Google’s executive leadership on the website even shows a person of color and a woman. I love Apple but sometimes wondered if it was by design (like their products). As a non-person of color, I felt Apple corporate Intern program could improve on this front. It was obvious that there isn't a voice pushing this in upper management. My 2 cents...

Great intern program, bravo, but increase diversity of people of color...it just looks off.

reviews filtered by

Nice experience

Current Intern - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Intern - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

It's full of very smart people. A lot of events are organised and there are extra benefits.
    The campus is nice, and Cafe Macs has really good fresh food.

Cons

In some occasions there is a bad management of the resources, and choice of employees is based on the friendship with the manager instead of on the capabilities of the employee. I didn't expect that from a company like Apple.

Amazing company, amazing people, amazing benefits

Current Employee - At Home Advisor in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - At Home Advisor in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Apple full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, pay, hours, nice people, good work environment, awesome training, very well organized

Cons

None, the company is awesome

You guys are awesome, keep innovating and maybe take some suggestions from the little people!

There are newer employer reviews for Apple