There are newer employer reviews for Apple

I interned at Apple this summer (2013). I was surprised at lack of diversity.

Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The internship was a great experience. We were introduced to the Apple culture, plus had executive speakers, and other fun activities. The company also provided housing.

Cons

The only problem I noticed at Apple was the diversity. I am a non-person of color but realized that there weren't many people of color in our intern class. It was quite noticeable especially during our intern events. There were like 5 interns of color out of hundreds of interns. During lunch at main campus, I never did see hardly any people of color sitting at a table. It was kind of odd to say the least. I thought Apple corporate diversity would resemble the retail store diversity. I could tell the interns of color noticed it too. I was talking to one of them and the intern mentioned visiting Google campus and that it was way more diverse. I recently visited Google at lunch for an interview and my friend was right, it’s a totally different feeling. Google’s executive leadership on the website even shows a person of color and a woman. I love Apple but sometimes wondered if it was by design (like their products). As a non-person of color, I felt Apple corporate Intern program could improve on this front. It was obvious that there isn't a voice pushing this in upper management. My 2 cents...

Advice to Management

Great intern program, bravo, but increase diversity of people of color...it just looks off.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work to develop oneself

Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in Stanford, CA
    Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in Stanford, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture of incredibly intelligent and passionate peop, plus good benefits for even part timers, like stock purchase plan, hardware and software discounts on not just apple products, but third part accessories.

Cons

Can be difficult to get in without an inside connection.

Advice to Management

Look from within before going outside when hiring. Also, allow more time for training.

2. Great Company, lot's of development opportunity.

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in South Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in South Portland, ME

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you apply yourself and go above and beyond, there is no limit to where you can go, literally. Apple has positions all over the globe, great benefits while simultaneously offering lot's of opportunities for personal growth and education.

Cons

Apple is a big small company, sometimes it was hard to get my individual issue heard and addressed by corporate. When it came to things that effected everyone, however, store management was more than responsive.