There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Love my time here...but kind of a holding pattern. This is not long term, but more of an idle...

Current Employee - Business Specialist in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Business Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great discounts, flexible hours, availability, love the people I work with.

Cons

Apple offers different pay bands through out the country and the region that I work in is the lowest on the pay scale so someone in my same role may get something much higher just because of where they work. However, cost of living in my hometown is not low so I'm not sure the justification.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best retail in existence, ... But still RETAIL.

Current Employee - Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- $15 hr - training - 12 days vacation; 6 days sick time - 25% discounts (1 time a yr); 15% for family: $500 off Mac OR $250 off iPhone (unlocked only) or iPad EVERY 3 YEARS. - weird benefits like public transportation reimbursement; gym membership reimbursement; tuition reimbursement; stock options; 401k - this is exactly the job I needed at my point in life- something I loved; something I was good at.

Cons

- management too worried about themselves. There is no growth. All lies just to keep you motivated to keep doing well so they capitalize off your talents while they do nothing. 30% of my store ( and long term tenured ) left in the course of 3 months or so. - terrible scheduling - bad quality of life - never two days off in a row. I worked hard for two years straight and simply ran out of juice and patience. They sucked it right outta me. I never wanted to HAVE to quit!

Advice to Management

Get over yourself. You're not creating these products, your supervise the break charts of the people who sell the crap outta them. Start being humans, and servant leaders. Not corporate robots running your retails sales sweatshop.

Great place to work; but the pay sucks!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great energy, great morale, great products, smart folks work here.

Cons

The pay sucks unless you are in Executive Management or are a software engineer. You will starve to death unless you are in one of these groups. Also, unless you are age 25 or under, forget it. They do big time age discrimination and don't like to hire seasoned, experienced people aged 40 (or older) when they can pay 11 bucks an hour for a kid.

Advice to Management

Pay us more! We work our ass of for you!