Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Love my time here...but kind of a holding pattern. This is not long term, but more of an idle...

Current Employee - Business Specialist in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Business Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great discounts, flexible hours, availability, love the people I work with.

Cons

Apple offers different pay bands through out the country and the region that I work in is the lowest on the pay scale so someone in my same role may get something much higher just because of where they work. However, cost of living in my hometown is not low so I'm not sure the justification.

4110 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

All the rumors you have heard are true... This really is a great place to work.

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

The benefits are amazing. The people are among some of the smartest I have ever encountered. You will become better at whatever you do after working for Apple.

Cons

The work is hard. Customers can be downright abusive. Upward mobility can be more political that based on skills at times.

Apple has such an amazing vision for who they are and how their people should be cared for. I think retail has lost some of that vision. It needs to be restored.

I interned at Apple this summer (2013). I was surprised at lack of diversity.

Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The internship was a great experience. We were introduced to the Apple culture, plus had executive speakers, and other fun activities. The company also provided housing.

Cons

The only problem I noticed at Apple was the diversity. I am a non-person of color but realized that there weren't many people of color in our intern class. It was quite noticeable especially during our intern events. There were like 5 interns of color out of hundreds of interns. During lunch at main campus, I never did see hardly any people of color sitting at a table. It was kind of odd to say the least. I thought Apple corporate diversity would resemble the retail store diversity. I could tell the interns of color noticed it too. I was talking to one of them and the intern mentioned visiting Google campus and that it was way more diverse. I recently visited Google at lunch for an interview and my friend was right, it’s a totally different feeling. Google’s executive leadership on the website even shows a person of color and a woman. I love Apple but sometimes wondered if it was by design (like their products). As a non-person of color, I felt Apple corporate Intern program could improve on this front. It was obvious that there isn't a voice pushing this in upper management. My 2 cents...

Great intern program, bravo, but increase diversity of people of color...it just looks off.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple