Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Best place to work in bay area

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

fast pace, very innovative work environment

Cons

nothing that I can think of

4096 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

I interned at Apple this summer (2013). I was surprised at lack of diversity.

Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The internship was a great experience. We were introduced to the Apple culture, plus had executive speakers, and other fun activities. The company also provided housing.

Cons

The only problem I noticed at Apple was the diversity. I am a non-person of color but realized that there weren't many people of color in our intern class. It was quite noticeable especially during our intern events. There were like 5 interns of color out of hundreds of interns. During lunch at main campus, I never did see hardly any people of color sitting at a table. It was kind of odd to say the least. I thought Apple corporate diversity would resemble the retail store diversity. I could tell the interns of color noticed it too. I was talking to one of them and the intern mentioned visiting Google campus and that it was way more diverse. I recently visited Google at lunch for an interview and my friend was right, it’s a totally different feeling. Google’s executive leadership on the website even shows a person of color and a woman. I love Apple but sometimes wondered if it was by design (like their products). As a non-person of color, I felt Apple corporate Intern program could improve on this front. It was obvious that there isn't a voice pushing this in upper management. My 2 cents...

Great intern program, bravo, but increase diversity of people of color...it just looks off.

I spent the day interviewing at Apple, and never heard a word after the interview.

I worked at Apple

Pros

They are working at an incredible scale.

Cons

I interviewed with very junior engineers.

Fix your interview process. A veteran manager should not be interviewed by a bunch of college hires.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple