There are newer employer reviews for Apple

I spent the day interviewing at Apple, and never heard a word after the interview.

I worked at Apple

Pros

They are working at an incredible scale.

Cons

I interviewed with very junior engineers.

Fix your interview process. A veteran manager should not be interviewed by a bunch of college hires.

reviews filtered by
  1. Disappointed. Seems awesome at first but it wears off the 3rd year. You realize how the company truly operates.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Health Insurance, Matches 401k, Discount on Stock

Cons

Will never move up in the company unless you are friends with managers and have a degree.

Please be sure to keep track of who mgmt promotes and the reasoning.

2. The work and pay was great, but the people and management were not

Former Employee - Specialist
    Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Apple part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It wasn't a difficult job as long as you kept up with product knowledge, or knew who was good with certain products/software.
    Launching new products were always the best part, because it was always busy, you could work longer shifts, and they were never boring.
    Overall Apple is a great company to work for. They pay well for a retail job, it's always interesting, and the discounts were great.

Cons

There are times when hours get cut a lot, but they usually don't last long.
    I was never an "Apple fanboy," but I did love the products. However, it seems like people get hired more on their enthusiasm for apple products than how well they work. A majority of my co-workers had no work ethic whatsoever and were never reprimanded but promoted. It was a very political environment and less than half the employees were actually competent at their jobs. You do have to deal with many different customers, and often times they would take their frustration out on you. Almost every shift had at least one angry customer you have to deal with, even more if you work as a Creative or Genius. Although you get used to it, it's never fun.

Hire and promote employees that are actually good at their jobs. Listen to what your employees have to say. If all of them say that promoting a certain employee would not be good...then do not promote that employee. Don't let people get away with everything, because that's how other employees become lazy and stuck in their ways.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple