Apple

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Excellent internship

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked on a consumer-facing product for iOS, and even as a first-year intern, I was given the chance to work on a high-impact project and take it on myself. At the end of the internship we had the opportunity to present the results of our work to the VP of our department, which was a really fantastic opportunity given that this was my first internship experience.

General perks of interning at Apple: They treat their interns really, really well. In addition to providing free housing (which was at worst a 15 minute drive from work) or a $1000 housing stipend, some teams provide free lunches/dinners to employees, and you're also eligible for all the other employee benefits, like health insurance, fitness center membership, product discounts, etc. More importantly, you get to work in a really flat environment and form a really close bond with your manager and others on your team. Apple also does an "Executive Speaker Series" during which each of the Apple executives give a seminar-style talk to the interns about the work they do, where they come from, etc.

Cons

This wasn't my experience, but the truth is that depending on your team, the work might be uninspiring because working on consumer-facing products at Apple is undeniably more fun than working on internal tools or QA. That said, that's true of almost all product-driven companies, so it's really just a general point to note.

4111 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Being a Genius in a glass cube.

Current Employee - Genius in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Genius in New York, NY

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You work for Apple. Your title is literally Genius.
    A Genius has authority, technical facility, and the ability to problem solve under high pressure and velocity -- this brings a great deal of respect from some people while off the clock and in the real world.
    You are able to work on the most wonderful pieces of technology, repair them, and sometimes help people in the process.

Cons

People are more often than not against you before you've even seen them or said hello.
    You must constantly balance the conflicting weight of good service/final resolution to how quickly you can get to the next person in queue.
    People will treat you like you're an idiot, mean, or vindictive constantly while on the job.
    Many people will never grasp how to solve the problems they cause, but blame the product, company, & you for.

Advocate for stronger measures in talent retention.
    Understand that actually solving technical issues is the point of the Genius Bar, not just to see as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time -- that doesn't resolve anything and amounts to an embarrassing environment where not only are customers not seen in a timely manner, but they are often left without a complete solution.

A Great Company Like No Other

Current Employee - Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Positive, fun environment. You are in charge of your destiny and how far you want to go. Never a dull moment. You learn something new everyday. Cool, hip environment. Loved having an effect on people's lives.

Cons

Closed mouth will not get fed. Don't look to be discovered for you hard work if you are not consistently tooting your own horn or volunteering. Perfection at its best, not for slackers. Be careful of what you say and do, there is no such thing as a secret between co workers word travels fast.

Utilize all employees and their talents to the fullest for your advantage as well as the employee. Management that did not start at the bottom need to pull there head out of the clouds and come back to reality.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple