Apple

www.apple.com

Apple can be a great place to work, be prepared to 'make your own way' and drive your career there.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsGreat products, as sales person its wonderful to be able to represent the best, campus life is good (great food, beautiful surroundings, and the occasional party/fun activity at the main lawn). Compensation and overall benefits (matching 401K, stock purchase when the stock is rising :-)) are definitely competitive. Smart people and overall the company feels 'well run', they deliver great products somewhat on-time, they market these products well. Management seems relatively flat and so you can know/meet the top execs and that is cool.

ConsThere is this overall 'secrecy' feel that is weird - and I think it permeates many many aspects of the company from engineering to marketing to sales - so you are often wondering if you are supposed to know something and not talk about it, etc. and it makes for a sometimes uncomfortable environment. Not all mangers are great (some are egomaniacs intent on self-promotion and 'kissing up' and/or micromangers) and if one of them is your boss, bummer for you. Work hours can be significant (its not an HP 9-5 type of place to work).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've run an incredible company these last 8-10 years, congratulations, I'm awed. Perhaps have somewhat more consistent policy (across the entire company) for giving anonymous feedback on management so can hear feedback from those of us choking under bad middle/lower management.

Great people - but heading no where fast

Senior Manager Business Development (Current Employee) Dulles, VA

I have been working at Apple

Pros: Overall, people are really nice - and are friendly to work with. The benefits, including work-life balance… Cons: Doesn't seem like everyone is motivated to really bring great products and services to the marketplace. Everyone is okay with the status quo. … Advice to Senior Management: Way too focused on short term goals as opposed to… More

Even though the pay could be better, it's still a great place to work!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros: Great brand to be associated with. Really good team of pears in entire company and division. Tremendous products and a feeling that we… Cons: Job security is sometimes lacking. No pay raises are the rule of thumb - pay increase only comes with promotion or movement to another… Advice to Senior Management: Work harder to keep employees if they contribute and add value to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!