Mac Expert

Pros

Very good customer focused company. It is a very fun job that I loved having in which I still wish I had.

Cons

They will let you go at any second for any reason.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to ace scores which are customer satisfaction scores because that seems to be what the world is crazy about. I had 100% customer satisfaction surveys for quarter and was extended, but they still let me go because of two bad weeks of close rate after being above 40%, when the goal is 25%.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

Learned a lot, work time is flexible, lots of deadlines and lots of challenges

Current Intern - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Intern - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Big impact on the product Opportunity to present your work to the VP

Cons

Work a lot at night and sometimes you hardly have time to sleep

Love being a customer, didn't love being an employee.

Former Employee - At Home Advisor in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - At Home Advisor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Apple delivers amazing products to its customers (I was an Apple fangirl long before I started working for them). That is the biggest pro. Job wise, benefits were good, as was the 25% off employee discount (and the $500 off computer or iPad every three years). Flexible schedules for students.

Cons

As an At Home Advisor the work day got pretty boring as your whole day was spent answering phone calls for the same product. Difficult to take time off (at least my manager wouldn't allow us to take time off, even unpaid, if we didn't have the vacation time), which seemed ridiculous considering it was an hourly part-time position. This particular position caused lots of stress to myself as well as others on my team.

Advice to Management

My particular At Home Advisor Manager was very inexperienced (it was her first time as a team manager). I would recommend that a first time manager has a "coach" that is involved just as much during their first year so that things run smoother. Or increase team sizes and give each team multiple managers of varied experience.