Mac Expert

I worked at Apple

Pros

Very good customer focused company. It is a very fun job that I loved having in which I still wish I had.

Cons

They will let you go at any second for any reason.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to ace scores which are customer satisfaction scores because that seems to be what the world is crazy about. I had 100% customer satisfaction surveys for quarter and was extended, but they still let me go because of two bad weeks of close rate after being above 40%, when the goal is 25%.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not easy an easy job, but a lot of fun!

Current Employee - Specialist in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really fun and safe working environment. Amazing management team. Very relatable to coworkers. Flexible hours with little restrictions on shift swaps. Very diverse customer base.

Cons

Very demanding customer base with extremely high expectations. Constant training/education is required to keep up on the job changes. Takes very long to move forward in the stores.

Advice to Management

Explain some of the decisions to employees.

Working in Apple Retail store... crappy compensation for high expectations

Former Employee - Theater Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Theater Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Awesome technology!
    * Friendly, knowledgable co-workers
    * Great service and support provided for the customer.

Cons

* Crappy compensation for the amount of training, knowledge and work required to deliver Apple's high-level of service.
    * Apple Retail stores feel like a cattle corral for the employee. Hectic work environment with only 2 co-ed restrooms for hundreds of employees.
    * No clear career path from Apple Retail to Apple Corporate.
    * Lots of Rah-Rah and it feels like Apple is relying on 'paying their employees' with the privilege of working for Apple vs. really taking care of them financially.

Advice to Management

For the amount of revenue that Apple generates, especially via their retail stores, pay your employees more money for all the amazing work that they do. It's an insult to work for the big "Apple" but having to take a second job just to pay rent and bills in a city like San Francisco.

If Apple would share the wealth more in the retail space and pay their employees as they deserve to be paid, you would retain a lot more talent. Sure, there is also an employee stock purchase plan but good luck being able to buy more than a few shares per purchase period based on making close to minimum wage for busting your hump.