I hate this company

Former Employee - Product Design Lead in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Product Design Lead in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice HQ (I talk about CA) Smart coworkers

Cons

Not so great pay Enough work hours!!

Advice to Management

Please out!!

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. It's really about drinking the Kool-Aid

Former Employee - Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Apple part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice friendly coworkers, okay benefits

Cons

Apple really wants its employees to be sheep, blindly enthusiastic about every initiative the company develops, even as these initiatives may change drastically and contradict former initiatives, without warning. A lot of beating around the bush with feedback and expectations. Most employees are overqualified people who are treated like babies. Despite management saying the company is Customer Service driven employees are rewarded more on their sales and attachment programs rather than quality of relationship with the customer, though employees receive no bonus on sales. Loss of individualism. Really feels like a corporation. Employees expected to fit into cookie cutter roles while being told they are hired for who they are as individuals. Employees and especially management seem really fake. Employees could be paid a lot more considering how much profit the company makes. High turnover as employees are unhappy with the meaninglessness of the job.

Advice to Management

Be more direct

Mac Expert

Pros

Very good customer focused company. It is a very fun job that I loved having in which I still wish I had.

Cons

They will let you go at any second for any reason.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to ace scores which are customer satisfaction scores because that seems to be what the world is crazy about. I had 100% customer satisfaction surveys for quarter and was extended, but they still let me go because of two bad weeks of close rate after being above 40%, when the goal is 25%.