There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Got to use my basic knowledge of apple products to help customers.

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)
Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)

I worked at Apple part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty relaxed job. Basically just assisted people who did not have much knowledge of apple products.

Cons

Store gets pretty crowded, especially on weekends and holidays.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Love being a customer, didn't love being an employee.

Former Employee - At Home Advisor in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - At Home Advisor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Apple delivers amazing products to its customers (I was an Apple fangirl long before I started working for them). That is the biggest pro. Job wise, benefits were good, as was the 25% off employee discount (and the $500 off computer or iPad every three years). Flexible schedules for students.

Cons

As an At Home Advisor the work day got pretty boring as your whole day was spent answering phone calls for the same product. Difficult to take time off (at least my manager wouldn't allow us to take time off, even unpaid, if we didn't have the vacation time), which seemed ridiculous considering it was an hourly part-time position. This particular position caused lots of stress to myself as well as others on my team.

Advice to Management

My particular At Home Advisor Manager was very inexperienced (it was her first time as a team manager). I would recommend that a first time manager has a "coach" that is involved just as much during their first year so that things run smoother. Or increase team sizes and give each team multiple managers of varied experience.

Innovative, exciting and energetic company to work for!

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Apple part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Top-tier tech company, very influential work even in retail stores. Store management allows for employee input every quarter and genuinely tries to act on it. Amazing benefits and day-to-day work. I like coming to work every day even if it means a challenge. Its so much more than just selling electronics. Despite being retail, you have the capability of controlling interactions that get out of hand. "The customer is always right" doesn't fly here, so you get to feel confident about your job. Management will back you up if you have a legitimate good idea or concern, and do a fair job of connecting with everyone even with a team of 200 people. An apple store is not just a store - its a hub of great thinkers, problem solvers, and engaged workers.

Cons

Management can be disorganized from store to store depending on leaders. Difficult work/life balance - Hard to take time off (especially during holidays) due to high demand, availability requirements for part-timers are still restrictive. Clientele knowledge and attitudes vary by location and you are expected to act your best no matter the circumstances. Do not consider working here if you're not a self-starter or enthusiastic hard worker. Still, It is the most difficult, yet rewarding, job I've ever had.

Advice to Management

Corporate retail management - Take input from lower employees from multiple stores when coming up with new ideas. General management - Promote from within when filling leadership positions.