There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Great to start but not a career

Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for interpersonal growth and to learn new skills, great place for feedback, lots of perks are available

Cons

Not enough compensation to retain good employees, has been flip flopping between Apple culture and just another retail store, making genius team overwork and way underpaid, not becoming customer focused, have to fight to do work projects, rat race to get to full-time

Please return to classic Apple culture, force customers to inspire themselves to do great things with their technology, apply more resources to business teams

reviews filtered by
  1. I can not say much

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Nice people, comfortable work environment, and very good pay.

Cons

It is a large company, you will be a pawn.

Think more openly for working at such a innovative company.

2. A Retail Slave

Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Apple part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Health Benefits, nice discounts, "fearless feedback" and open communication with managers. With the exception for Time and Attendance, it is a very secure job and hard to get fired.

Cons

You will be up for a ride working at a Apple Retail Store in NYC. Most of the customer interactions are negative and they have absolutely no respect for you!! Customers, will scream and shout out you and will look down upon you like your less than a homeless person. The store was generally understaffed and several hundred customers were pulling me in every single direction at one time. Managers wanted us to follow the company policy 100% without no hesitation. However, if we were doing our part and a customer was angry, then they would throw a tantrum and the managers would give into them All the Time and make Us Specialists look like the Bad Guys!!! I have seen times when a customer caused a scene because they couldn't return their two year old phone. As a result, the manager would give in and also give them a free phone case. The policy is 14 days and the policy never sticks. When it came to making an exception for an employee. OOOO Noooo But the Policy!!! Many of my co-workers were frustrated with the mixed messages of management.

During my time there, out store had a really harsh Time and Attendance Policy. If you were late or call out no matter the reason you would get an occurrence. The subway could of shut down or you might of had a death in the family, doesn't matter!!! Many great employees were fired because of this broken policy.

They had system called the NPP where the customers can rate you. This was one of the reasons I left. Your raise is dependent on this. The store can be way understaffed and a customer can write a negative review about the experience ( not having control over it) so that effects your raise. Also, Management wants you to sell as much AppleCare or One to One as possible. You can convince a customer to buy it without being pushy at all. Then later on the customer will have buyers remorse and slam you by giving you a negative NPP score by saying "they were too pushy". Then I would be blamed by the managers for being too pushy and getting a detractor. If I didn't Applcare then they would ask me to please improve my numbers. Again, mixed messages!!!

The NYC Market is run by very poor management. I understand that other markets and stores are much better.

You are completely disregarding your Core Values. I understand that you want to 100% satisfy your customers and there is nothing wrong with that. There needs to be rules though such as keeping true to your return date policy ( with reasonable exceptions), and not give into angry customers who are degrading your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple