I love my job

Current Employee - Web Developer in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Web Developer in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Have you read technology news? We are the leaders.

Cons

Sometimes long hours are expected but when you are doing what you love I don't find it to be an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. Apple, It's all you want it to be.

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Working at Apple was a very rewarding experience. You really feel as if you are part of a bigger picture and a close knit team with one big goal. You are praised for a good work and there are many activities to motivating employees and satisfying rewards for when you do so. For the big picture, when the store does well, you do well

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming sometimes and a bit hectic, but it comes with the territory and can be rewarding for the most part.

Advice to Management

Senior management should continue pushing the Apple vision and help connect the "team" that the store represents.

2. Fast times at the Apple Retail Store.

Current Employee - Mac Genius in Freehold, NJ
    Current Employee - Mac Genius in Freehold, NJ

Pros

Apple provides each employee with a chance to move forward in the company, there are always ways to move up and up without stopping. Cutting edge technology and a great team to work with make working for Apple enjoyable on a daily basis. I don't think I held any previous job that I was always early to work and actually excited to be there. Working within the realm of a "tech guy" I find it challenging to figure out peoples issues, seems to always be stimulating the mind when you can't figure something out, you always press yourself to get the right answer.

Cons

Well one of the downsides to my position as a Technician is dealing with some of the unruly customers and getting paid less than I should for the amount of "internal jobs" that I have to do. Be it customer support, repairing things, being extra nice and letting people get what they want because they curse and yell. It's stressful as hell, but I guess that's what you get when you work for one of the largest computer companies in the world mixed with people paying way too much for a computer they don't know how to use properly. Another downside is the lack of allowed overtime, I'd really appreciate that, considering that it costs a lot to live on your own these days.

Advice to Management

Advice for senior management would be to treat your team properly and compensate them when appropriate, none of this once a year raise none sense.