Apple

www.apple.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Apple Was My Job, Not My Life.

Former Employee - Specialist
Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For a retail position, compensation and benefits were solid. Lots of good training and many opportunities for temporary assignments around the company. Apple goes out of their way to seek out talented individuals who are interesting, engaging and usually fun to work with. Products speak for themselves.

Cons

Work/Life balance can be terrible. Even for a retail specialist, leadership constantly asked people to come in early/stay late, work days off, etc, especially around product launches. Our leadership team was increasingly difficult to satisfy - their drive for results was bordering on maniacal, which took a lot of the Apple magic away from our store and ultimately burned out a lot of their top talent.

4399 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Lifetime Opportunity

Current Employee - Apple Family Room Specialist in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Apple Family Room Specialist in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Apple part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working for a company like Apple will put you in an experience like no other. Leading technology, coworkers with amazing backgrounds, and knowledge that will stay will you forever, not to mention benefits galore.

Cons

Achieving full-time has been the biggest challenge. I've now been working for Apple for almost 2 years and although there are openings, most of them are given to those with seniority. Work/Life balance can also be a little challenging when you spend most of your time commuting to and from work.

Promotions come and go and people who work behind the scenes often get overlooked. Part-time employees should be given the career experiences that full-time employees get.

The "Apple of Retail," but the "Retail of Apple."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a great company, with theoretical room for advancement. It is fun to always be on the cutting edge of technology.

Cons

At the end of the day, it is still retail. Although Apple stresses customer satisfaction, the real factor is the almighty dollar. Apple had a trend of hiring managers from outside the industry (i.e. from Starbucks) to manage people with technical training (Genii and Creatives). Skilled workers do not like taking marching orders from unskilled managers who could not do the jobs themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple