There are newer employer reviews for Apple

count inventory, stock floor, receive freight, ship products to ware house, carry customer's products out to their car.

Current Employee - Back of House  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Back of House in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

very stable company, everyone gets plenty of hours. there is also amazing discounts on hardware, and we get several free licenses on apple and third party products

Cons

management leans towards those who lick _____, and not those who actually do their job. not fair when deciding who works what shift, as a result, the favorites work best hours, even if they are lazy.

the management team has a tendency to take personal problems to work, and vent off on employees. this never happened to me, but i saw this quite often. managers seem to be able to find excuses when something goes wrong, and quickly look for the least popular employee to blame. show more honesty when leading a team.

3715 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

This was a summer internship with the iPod New Tech group at Apple that evaluates vendor technologies for iPods

Former Employee - Engineering Analyst - IPod New Tech  in  Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Analyst - IPod New Tech in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

You get to work with ridiculously intelligent people who are also very creative. Keep in mind that the engineers who make Apple products are also the users and they control their entire hardware/software stack, which is very enabling on a company level. Apple is also a great place to learn about designing products for user benefit, which is not always apparent in other organizations - designing an experience is of the utmost importance and part of the culture of the company.

Cons

One of the hardest parts of working at Apple is how busy everyone is and how hard it can be to get time and resources from people. A lot of times you have to be very inventive and maybe take a less efficient route if it means not involving other teams that don't have the time to spend on your project. I imagine this gets easier as you advance in rank, but as an intern it can be hard. You could also look at that as an opportunity for growth. The other hard part of working there is not having a lot of freedom to actually take your products to market and test them out - there is a lot of filtration of ideas that occurs, even before Steve Jobs can slam an idea.

I cannot speak much about the full time job opportunities at Apple, but you have one of the best internship programs I have ever seen. I was pushed, I met some great people, and I grew a lot. There is not much more that a student can ask for in an internship, and I will always be grateful for that experience. I think one of the difficulties at Apple is not being able to explore and learn about other groups, but I know that is part of the culture of secrecy there and I understand your reasons for preventing such talk between groups. If that culture were to be lifted and interns could talk to each other more about their work, perhaps it would make for an improved experience. Overall, I had a great time at Apple.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apple

Pros

fast-paced environment, great employees that they hire at apple, fairly good pay, you learn a lot just by going to work about the industry and technology.

Cons

so many employees, sometimes it felt easy to be overlooked. Some managers were very much into numbers and how employees sell solutions to customers.

Get to know each individual employee more personally, beyond just what they seem to do at work. Acknowledge how hard each individual works to make the store great

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!