Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Great job with great people!

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Apple is very fast-paced enjoyable place to work. Great benefits, managers who care, and team members that will go out of their way to help out. The benefits are fantastic! Lenient time-off policies to ensure you get the rest you need.

Cons

Working from home can be a bit challenging at first, but once you learn the ins and outs of working from home everything begins to fall into place.

Offering a few more opportunities for advancement would be great including offering the ability to train for higher positions before the position is available so that when it is available you are ready.

3992 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Apple Was My Job, Not My Life.

Former Employee - Specialist
    Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For a retail position, compensation and benefits were solid. Lots of good training and many opportunities for temporary assignments around the company. Apple goes out of their way to seek out talented individuals who are interesting, engaging and usually fun to work with. Products speak for themselves.

Cons

Work/Life balance can be terrible. Even for a retail specialist, leadership constantly asked people to come in early/stay late, work days off, etc, especially around product launches. Our leadership team was increasingly difficult to satisfy - their drive for results was bordering on maniacal, which took a lot of the Apple magic away from our store and ultimately burned out a lot of their top talent.

The "Apple of Retail," but the "Retail of Apple."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a great company, with theoretical room for advancement. It is fun to always be on the cutting edge of technology.

Cons

At the end of the day, it is still retail. Although Apple stresses customer satisfaction, the real factor is the almighty dollar. Apple had a trend of hiring managers from outside the industry (i.e. from Starbucks) to manage people with technical training (Genii and Creatives). Skilled workers do not like taking marching orders from unskilled managers who could not do the jobs themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple