There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Apple retail was wonderful in the early years, changed a lot after Steve died and Ron Johnson left.

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Apple Retail has some really great people, good benefits and for the most part, a fun environment.

Cons

It's retail, awful hours, some awful customers and while they talk "work life balance" you are expected to work often with little notice and EVERY weekend. In the early 2000's it was all about the customer experience, now it's all about selling and how much can we make off of a customer. I had a manager actually tell me "I expect $5,000 an hour out of transactions like that". After giving Apple 11 years of my life, that was the last straw....

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics that Apple Retail was founded on.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Political

Former Employee - Legal in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Legal in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a good thing to have on a resume, discounted products are nice, cafeteria has good food and if you are a good communicator it can be a place to move up the ladder

Cons

Overly political and back stabbing and people who only want to deal with "their" people. Legal department has a very structured environment with a closed door policy

Advice to Management

A review system that allows coworkers to slam the people anonymously and be very abusive is just wrong

It's not the same anymore

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Apple makes the best products, and I've been here a long time and watched this company almost fade away and come back to be the powerhouse that it is.

Cons

It is sucking the life out of me finally, after many years. I've never been in a team here before that tries so hard to destroy their members, but I'm in one now.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people... sometimes the problems are not with them, it's with you. There are still amazing people here that may finally get fed up.