There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Apple is a dream company! Amazing entry level tech job, but learning potential is limited at the retail level.

Current Employee - Mac Genius
Current Employee - Mac Genius

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation, benefits, flexible schedules. The culture of the company is outstanding, you are inspired to be the best you can be, and there is growth opportunity. Management drives for high performance, but in a positive way that eliminates unnecessary pressure and encourages collaboration and helping peers. Your colleagues are smart and fun, there is great camaraderie and healthy competition between coworkers. You will master people skills in a short amount of time.

Cons

The technical skills you can acquire from Apple as a retail tech support consultant fell short of my expectations. Erratic, inconsistent retail schedules can be hard to deal with over time. Apple is so successful that the stores are often crowded beyond comfortable levels. The Genius Bar is very stressful due to the huge volumes of traffic you have to handle. Managing upset customers all day long can emotionally wear anyone down, so the job demands high mental fortitude.

3731 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Apple is the most amazing company I have EVER worked for.

Current Employee - ITunes Support
    Current Employee - ITunes Support

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is great, the benefits are great, they treat their employees like gold.

Cons

There are really no cons working for Apple. I cant think of even one! They are just an all around amazing company to work for and to do business with. They really know how to win people over!

Be yourself.

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist  in  Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros

At Apple, there is a saying: "Its soul is its people." I'd agree. While at Apple I had the opportunity to work with some of the most creative, brilliant, and outgoing individuals that a retail environment can offer.

The really is a an Apple culture can be defined as individualistic. At Apple they want your own creativity, and individualism to be your strength. They capitalize on quirkiness, friendliness, and exuberance.

Cons

At the retail level the cons are the same as any other retail job. You have irregular scheduling throughout the week which puts a damper on creating any type of consistency. Be prepared to work holidays although Apple does do holiday pay which is great!

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!