Mixed feelings about working at Apple

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Great senior level management, I can see how Steve Jobs gets voted the Best CEO. Streamlined operations, very lean, disciplined and focused. You feel proud working for the company.

Cons

Can sometimes be over political at lower level management. Crap rains down from the top, managers will try to cover their ass, tries to shovel the blame to others outside the group. Depending on the group you're in, there might very limited room for career growth.

Not much I can say here... if upper management doesn't enforce the strict discipline, the company would not be as successful as it is today. So the politics that happens at the lower level is really inevitable. There's no perfect place to work.

Other Reviews for Apple

Awesome company, crappy job

Former Employee - Apple Advisor  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Apple Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple

Pros

It's Apple! No matter who you tell, everyone will always be impressed that you work for the company that makes the iPhone. The benefits are great, and the environment is very driven towards ambitious people who are serious about their work.

Cons

The job was kind of annoying. Working at home was cool, but it really disconnected me from a social life of any kind. Doing telephone tech support is also a frustrating job in general, working with people who aren't very tech savvy. Anything new is TOP SECRET -- and you will never know about a product release until the day it is announced with the rest of the world.

The leadership knows how to get things done! My manager was very open minded and willing to work with me, so I hope most other Apple managers are the same way.

good jumping off point

Current Employee - Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Apple

Pros

plenty of training, great benefits, pretty good discounts, and you get to work for Apple. If you want to work in retail, I can't imagine a better place.

Cons

The number one downside is the pay. Even if you are bringing in thousands of dollars worth of computers every day, you get paid the same low pay as the guy standing next to you who doesn't know the difference between processing power and RAM. Also, it takes forever to get promotions, since most of the people who work there are specialists, and they all want a promotion.

Don't oversell the job. In the initial meeting you act like it is a place to have a career, but most of the senior management at my store come from other retail management positions at other companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!