Apple is a great place to work, they treat their employees awesome and you get to learn about super awesome technology.

Former Employee - Specialist
Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Apple

Pros

Apple in general is a really exciting company to work for. Not only are their products are amazing but the camaraderie was unlike anything i've ever experienced before. I felt like I was apart of an amazing team that worked hard to give people top notch products and services.

Cons

To be honest, the customers sucked. People came in acting super condescending and rude. I mean sometimes you would get those great transactions and get someone really excited about a product and then the next thing you're doing is dealing with someone who hates you, who hates apple and just wants to complain. It's also a fast paced and busy environment and a lot of customers were rude about how busy it was.

nothing bad to say except open more stores!

Other Reviews for Apple

Good place to work on cool products, bad for work/life balance

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer

I have been working at Apple

Pros

-Work on cool products
    -Good place to start a career
    -Little red-tape for a company its size
    -Things get done, there is a lot of focus

Cons

-Not good for work/life balance
    -Low pay compared to other companies
    -Low bonuses
    -Lots of reorganizations
    -Schedules that are too aggressive and unreachable make people cynical/disillusioned
    -Lots of politics

Be more accessible to employees at the bottom. Learn to develop better people skills. Be more realistic when it comes to product development schedules and what's feasible to build better employee morale.

Stop hiring upper management from the outside!!!

Current Employee - Tier II/Senior Advisor
    Current Employee - Tier II/Senior Advisor

I have been working at Apple

Pros

- decent quality, health options in on-site cafe
    - on-site gym
    - minimal dress code
    - accepting, non-discriminatory environment
    - nice corporate discount on most Apple products

Cons

- minimal dress code (Bathrobe guy, I'm talking to you!)
    - senior management apparently lives in a different reality than the rest of us
    - too many senior managers hired from the outside = change in corporate culture, and not for the better

Stop bringing in outsiders for senior management positions. All they do is change things for the sake of change, and often this winds up screwing things up. Also, stop re-branding us with stupid, meaningless job titles (like "Advisor"... it's just downright insulting.)

There are newer employer reviews for Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!