Apple

Caring Employer, Chaotic Environment

Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Apple

Pros

Great company with nice benefits and comfortable salary. Constant communication with management, approachable and friendly. Great hiring standards. Smart, generous employees.

Cons

You're selling products at the height of their popularity; dealing with a lot of crazy policies and limitations that change every day. Along with a lot of crazy people. A lot of silly "lingo'' for a company that tries to "think differently.''

I never received feedback at all from management about my own performance. Over the course of three months, I never met with a manager. We interfaced daily, but I never even knew if I was doing well with customers!

3982 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Software Engineer IV at Apple Inc

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

It gives you the chance work on products that impact users all over the world and millions of people use every day.

Cons

You have to be ready to work long hours and hard but the seeing the end result makes it all worth it.

I am quite happy with the high level management at Apple, they focus on what is important and it shows in the results of the company these past few years.

A solid money-making opportunity with a great atmosphere and awesome products.

Current Employee - Specialist in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple is innovative and hard-working. It not the easiest job but if your looking for challenge (which I was) and want to work with retail and technology there is no better company to work for. The benefits are great - even when you are part-time. No matter what position you work with the company there is always room for growth and everyone is one big happy family.

Apple spends lots of money, time and har-work into making Apple retail flawless. They have a special corporate team dedicated to making internal software that'll ease workflow for employees and customers.

Cons

The politics inside of Apples culture are a little bizarre. For example, when something is released and it is slightly wrong or people are unhappy with it the everyone in the company needs to be prepared to take one stance on the subject and hold onto that stance until Apple says other wise.

Communication over RNN is great but, sometimes I feel as if I would like to be able to check my Apple webmail from home, even if I'm part-time. In my store there is a lot of communication through Apple webmail and I don't get that communication until I actually go to the store which is 1-2 times/week since I'm PT.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple