Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Not a great place for MBAs... I can only recommend Apple Ops to fanboys who would like a career in Supply Chain.

Former Employee - Global Supply Manager in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Global Supply Manager in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

-ability to work on cool consumer electronics
-international travel
-stock / RSU package is a reasonable income supplement
-pride associated with working for the most admired company in the world

Cons

-management by chaos - resulting in a lot of unnecessary churn and work
-no respect for work life balance
-management expects you to be on call all the time
-everyone is so busy, training and development is an afterthought
-very top down structure where individuals hold little authority and are often micromanaged
-management considers "company pride" as a perk, and skimps on other benefits
-financial compensation is not competitive
-no clear career development opportunities
-very few processes, so the culture is people-driven, and therefore, very political
-management is maniacally focused on the bottom line, so certain detrimental behavior is not discouraged. This is often manifested in needless politicking, bad management styles, heavy-handed vendor relations, and turf wars. In short, jerks are tolerated.
-the company is very siloed, limiting mobility (in my case, my VP would not allow me to consider jobs outside his umbrella)
-different organizations have different incentives, often resulting in poor coordination at critical hand-off points

Allow engineering / ops to push back more on late design changes. Align incentives so that engineering / ops are better coordinated between across development builds. Do not allow form to trump function (see antenna-gate). Provide more competitive compensation for your top performers.

4110 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Software Engineer IV at Apple Inc

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

It gives you the chance work on products that impact users all over the world and millions of people use every day.

Cons

You have to be ready to work long hours and hard but the seeing the end result makes it all worth it.

I am quite happy with the high level management at Apple, they focus on what is important and it shows in the results of the company these past few years.

Caring Employer, Chaotic Environment

Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Apple

Pros

Great company with nice benefits and comfortable salary. Constant communication with management, approachable and friendly. Great hiring standards. Smart, generous employees.

Cons

You're selling products at the height of their popularity; dealing with a lot of crazy policies and limitations that change every day. Along with a lot of crazy people. A lot of silly "lingo'' for a company that tries to "think differently.''

I never received feedback at all from management about my own performance. Over the course of three months, I never met with a manager. We interfaced daily, but I never even knew if I was doing well with customers!

There are newer employer reviews for Apple