Apple
3.9 of 5 3,442 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

Not a great place for MBAs... I can only recommend Apple Ops to fanboys who would like a career in Supply Chain.

Global Supply Manager (Former Employee)
Cupertino, CA

Pros-ability to work on cool consumer electronics
-international travel
-stock / RSU package is a reasonable income supplement
-pride associated with working for the most admired company in the world

Cons-management by chaos - resulting in a lot of unnecessary churn and work
-no respect for work life balance
-management expects you to be on call all the time
-everyone is so busy, training and development is an afterthought
-very top down structure where individuals hold little authority and are often micromanaged
-management considers "company pride" as a perk, and skimps on other benefits
-financial compensation is not competitive
-no clear career development opportunities
-very few processes, so the culture is people-driven, and therefore, very political
-management is maniacally focused on the bottom line, so certain detrimental behavior is not discouraged. This is often manifested in needless politicking, bad management styles, heavy-handed vendor relations, and turf wars. In short, jerks are tolerated.
-the company is very siloed, limiting mobility (in my case, my VP would not allow me to consider jobs outside his umbrella)
-different organizations have different incentives, often resulting in poor coordination at critical hand-off points

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow engineering / ops to push back more on late design changes. Align incentives so that engineering / ops are better coordinated between across development builds. Do not allow form to trump function (see antenna-gate). Provide more competitive compensation for your top performers.

Software Engineer IV at Apple Inc

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple

Pros: It gives you the chance work on products that impact users… Cons: You have to be ready to work long hours and hard… Advice to Senior Management: I am quite happy with the high level management at Apple, they focus on what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Engineering Project Manager Intern

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple

Pros: Fun, fast paced, great coworkers, excellent engineering teams. Cons: Work tons of hours at Apple. Advice to Senior Management: Good job! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.