There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Apple is awesome for hard workers.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Free product depending on your group. If you're truly driven by your work, then this is the place. It truly is a products, customers, and the numbers will follow sort of place. Good health benefits, good on site benefits, subsidized good food. No matter how much vacation time you have saved up, the company still shuts down from Christmas to the day after New Years (but you might have to still work).

Cons

If you're not the type to take pride in saying, "I work for Apple" to people then this isn't the place for you. If you can't handle ambiguity, this isn't the place for you. If you want 9-6 with an hour lunch, 5 days a week, this isn't the place for you. Everyone is so focused on delivering something great that the "process" isn't always reviewed, since there aren't many processes, the wheel gets reinvented.

Advice to Management

Sometimes it feels like employees are always there for Apple, but Apple isn't always there for the employees. That's really the case with any big company, but Apple is so successful and so lean, I don't think it'd take much to share a little more of the success.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. Fun company, but I don't agree with their structuring.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Fun, great incentives. I get to hire nerds all day long, and I absolutely love each one of them.

Cons

The way the the company is structured at the top will eventually collapse. Every company has growing pains, but I get irritated because of the way a lot of things are ran.

Advice to Management

LEARN FROM OTHER RETAILERS MISTAKES!!! I love this company but ya'll just do not get it!

2. Great job before starting a 'Real Job'

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Lancaster, PA

Pros

The work is not too difficult Health benefits are great Co-Workers provide a friendly environment Working for a huge and influential company is fun

Cons

The pay is much less than what I would want in a full time job While co-workers are fun to hang around, most do not have any initiative and are satisfied to either stay in their current job, or only move up within the company.

Advice to Management

The leadership as far as Apple Corporate goes is great, however the leadership at the retail level is no different than the managers at another store such as Gap or American Eagle, and that's not the way it should happen. Also, there should be pathways to corporate from retail for those that don't wish to stay in retial, but that program has been eliminated.