Apple is awesome for hard workers.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Free product depending on your group.

If you're truly driven by your work, then this is the place. It truly is a products, customers, and the numbers will follow sort of place.

Good health benefits, good on site benefits, subsidized good food. No matter how much vacation time you have saved up, the company still shuts down from Christmas to the day after New Years (but you might have to still work).

Cons

If you're not the type to take pride in saying, "I work for Apple" to people then this isn't the place for you.

If you can't handle ambiguity, this isn't the place for you.

If you want 9-6 with an hour lunch, 5 days a week, this isn't the place for you.

Everyone is so focused on delivering something great that the "process" isn't always reviewed, since there aren't many processes, the wheel gets reinvented.

Sometimes it feels like employees are always there for Apple, but Apple isn't always there for the employees. That's really the case with any big company, but Apple is so successful and so lean, I don't think it'd take much to share a little more of the success.

Other Reviews for Apple

Great job before starting a 'Real Job'

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The work is not too difficult
    Health benefits are great
    Co-Workers provide a friendly environment
    Working for a huge and influential company is fun

Cons

The pay is much less than what I would want in a full time job
    While co-workers are fun to hang around, most do not have any initiative and are satisfied to either stay in their current job, or only move up within the company.

The leadership as far as Apple Corporate goes is great, however the leadership at the retail level is no different than the managers at another store such as Gap or American Eagle, and that's not the way it should happen. Also, there should be pathways to corporate from retail for those that don't wish to stay in retial, but that program has been eliminated.

Fun company, but I don't agree with their structuring.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Fun, great incentives. I get to hire nerds all day long, and I absolutely love each one of them.

Cons

The way the the company is structured at the top will eventually collapse. Every company has growing pains, but I get irritated because of the way a lot of things are ran.

LEARN FROM OTHER RETAILERS MISTAKES!!! I love this company but ya'll just do not get it!

There are newer employer reviews for Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!