Apple

Good

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at Apple

Pros

A new hire immediately gets a vacation bank of 80 hours Vacation, 40 Hours of Floating and 80 Hours of Family Health (sick, bereavement etc) without needed to accrue. Every year of service gets you more Vacation days. With 5 years I have 200+ hours of vacation.

Cons

Base Salary is typically less and yearly increase percentages dismal in the US. Work in the busy season is pretty heavy.

Don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Take a closer ook at middle management inefficiencies .

Be nice to employees

4000 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Best place on earth to work

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple is more than a job it is a culture. The corporate mentality is mirrored by their amazing technology advancements. Plus everyone you work with really wants to be there and loves their job and the company - this promotes a very healthy working environment

Cons

Can not think of any downsides. Apple is very particular about the people they hire and the training they provide - all of which makes for an amazing working environment

The best! Management at Apple breaks away from the cookie cutter leadership of corporate America. Instead of the mentality of "I am the boss and you are not" you get a TRUE team mentality from everyone on the team - including management. you will never see a management team do so much to keep the employees happy in their job

simply a huge call-center with absolutely no respect for employee.

Former Employee - Sales Mac Expert in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Sales Mac Expert in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Apple

Pros

I worked in european Apple Operation centre of Cork for almost three years and I can say that it 'was the worst employer I ever worked for from fifteen years to now, consider that I changed six companies since I started to work and what I have seen and felt in Apple in Cork and quite dramatic and grotesque for a prestigious company brand such Apple.
    I strongly discourage anyone from working for Apple in Cork, why? here you have the main Reasons:

1) incompetent management does not believe in meritocracy, but only in personal friendship to give promotions, corporate policies hard, without room for negotiation and without respect for the individual especially if an employee makes a mistake.

2) unconfortable workplace old and not properly climatized, environment similar as a primary school, with games, employees of the month, fancy dresses during major holidays, mentality too badly Americanized.

3) Career and promotions for the places most departments outside the call center is often give purely to Irish employee who do not even have exceptional ability but simply normal.

4) respect of employee: in three years I saw the apple managers dismiss an employee at least every four months with an impressive turnover of new employees all the time.

5) professional point of view in the end I guarantee you do not 'growth there, but you will only performing standard procedures such as the perfect call or the customer profiling.

I hope one day that Steve Jobs reads this message and realize who you and 'entrusted to manage the work

Cons

same as written above (see above)

respect of employee, stop following procedures and policies like the bibble, improve thier skills, knowledge and culture which is very low

There are newer employer reviews for Apple