Apple

www.apple.com

Kind of a Con

Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe benefits package is amazing. Medical, Dental, Vision, an insane employee discount for you and your family, as well as a variety of discounts at other stores and venues. Being a specialist is super-easy.

ConsThe Family Room Specialist position is a total con. When it was offered to me, it was referred to as an entry-level position, yet it is a position that those who start as specialists are promoted to. The work is backbreaking, requiring a significant deal of knowledge and an ability to take abuse from customers. You don't get to just chat with customers about cool speaker systems. You have to deliver the bad news. You have to be able to deal with pissed of customers, work quickly, be creative and sharp. It's a huge step up from the specialist position, and although it requires only a tenth of the technical skill required to be Genius, it requires just as strong an ability to work with angry, upset and confused customers with broken tech. Yet you make less than half of what some of the geniuses make.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting like counselors at summer camp. Yes, there are a lot of college-aged kids working at the store, but there are plenty of adults there who deserve to be treated as such. Also, try and hide the favoritism a little bit. Not because it makes employees who aren't favorites feel bad, but it makes you look like really weak leaders.

Great atmosphere to work in.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Marlton, NJ

I have been working at Apple

Pros: Family environment; fast-paced place to work. Can advance far, very… Cons: fast-paced place to work. barely any weekends off. could increase the… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! allow part-timers to have weekends… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It's just a job

Family Room Specialist (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Apple

Pros: Great people to work with-Co workers are usually what drives you… Cons: It's still retail Upper management placed harsh deadlines on staff Customers are… Advice to Senior Management: Show us our worth...Let us know we are appreciated. We understand that corporate comes down… More
There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!