Apple

www.apple.com

Good company to work for, but keep in mind that it *is* Apple.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe culture of the company is one of the best I've ever experienced. From the basic understanding that if you do something there's probably a good reason for it to the whole team-integration, there's no fear that there is going to be backstabbing or infighting. The fairly clear paths for keeping a career is a nice touch as well. Even the little things, like the Wellness Program, really convey that the company cares about the employees and values them as a major asset and not a liability.

ConsApple is a very exclusive company to work for and they know it. The pay isn't as high as one could get elsewhere, and sometimes minor infractions, like talking about a possible upcoming product launch, are enough to get you dismissed. Also, while my training, expertise, and career path lie with either repair of computers or education of users, I'm stuck in a sales job until a manager determines that I've met some benchmark that seems, at this time, to be completely arbitrary.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize when an employee might feel like their current position isn't really providing the day-to-day challenge that will keep the work fun and interesting for an employee. Also eliminating some of the hoops that need to be jumped to get to a new position that one might wish to be in, especially if the employee is not especially well fit to their current position.

Apple, a great company, with great products, a great message, but not the best positions offered in a call center.

IPhone Specialist (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at Apple

Pros: the products, the perks, and the benefits Cons: the career mobility, the hours at a call center are rough and there is not much flexibility. you have to plan your life around your… Advice to Senior Management: to be more flexible with schedules, if everyone is fighting for the m-f… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Apple rocks! (if you like selling things)

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Apple

Pros: It is an extremely fun place to be. Coworkers are easy to work… Cons: It is a sales job. We do not do "hard" sales, but your ultimate goal is still to sell the product. … Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!