There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Good company to work for, but keep in mind that it *is* Apple.

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in San Diego, CA

Pros

The culture of the company is one of the best I've ever experienced. From the basic understanding that if you do something there's probably a good reason for it to the whole team-integration, there's no fear that there is going to be backstabbing or infighting. The fairly clear paths for keeping a career is a nice touch as well. Even the little things, like the Wellness Program, really convey that the company cares about the employees and values them as a major asset and not a liability.

Cons

Apple is a very exclusive company to work for and they know it. The pay isn't as high as one could get elsewhere, and sometimes minor infractions, like talking about a possible upcoming product launch, are enough to get you dismissed. Also, while my training, expertise, and career path lie with either repair of computers or education of users, I'm stuck in a sales job until a manager determines that I've met some benchmark that seems, at this time, to be completely arbitrary.

Advice to Management

Recognize when an employee might feel like their current position isn't really providing the day-to-day challenge that will keep the work fun and interesting for an employee. Also eliminating some of the hoops that need to be jumped to get to a new position that one might wish to be in, especially if the employee is not especially well fit to their current position.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. Apple, a great company, with great products, a great message, but not the best positions offered in a call center.

Former Employee - IPhone Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - IPhone Specialist in Austin, TX

Pros

the products, the perks, and the benefits

Cons

the career mobility, the hours at a call center are rough and there is not much flexibility. you have to plan your life around your work, pretty soon your life becomes your work and not much else. it can be draining at times and if you are not careful you can slip into that mundane routine without anyway out. the communication pathways to escalate up and down needed work. if management needed to do something it would take some time before it would go up the pipeline or something would come down it.

Advice to Management

to be more flexible with schedules, if everyone is fighting for the m-f work schedule there should be an incentive to have to work a weekend

2. Apple rocks! (if you like selling things)

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

It is an extremely fun place to be. Coworkers are easy to work with. The work environment is friendly. We get great discounts on our product(s).

Cons

It is a sales job. We do not do "hard" sales, but your ultimate goal is still to sell the product. It is a very, very busy place. As a part time employee, my schedule varies a lot from one week to the next.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.