There are newer employer reviews for Apple

You won't be the smartest kid in class

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple hires very well; your coworkers will be extremely talented and smart. You can learn a lot, fast, and you have the satisfaction of working for one of the best loved brands in the world. Too, the employee perks are good and getting better, albeit under pressure from GOOG.

Cons

It is a personality driven organization, and only those personalities that match the screaming tantrum thrower at the top seem to get ahead. The secrecy is beyond fastidious and is in fact insultingly petty and political, and often is an impediment to actually getting one's work done. Communication is not a skill that is prized or rewarded and thus is naturally underdeveloped to the point of atrophy. We're remunerated well, but not as well as perhaps we might be.

Keep doing what you're doing, but pay more attention to company-wide communication over direction, succession, &c.

3731 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

A big company in the mould of a small company

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Independent work culture making you manage ur workload.....

Cons

Too vague in terms of processes making it frustrating sometimes to get in touch with the right people.... sometimes I wonder at the inefficiences with which we operate in terms of operations and still get such a healthy margin.... what would happen if we can tighten our processes... somehow vagueness is a doubel-edged sword here at apple.. it fosters great ideas sometimes but leads to ad-hoc actions a lot of times making the company lot of money.....

Never expect yourself to stay in one role here for a very long time.... there are so many things to do.. if you are up to it, there would be no dearth of work and opportunities....

Look before you leap

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Mid Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Mid Florida, FL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Great place to work if your an Apple "fan Boy" and think the company can do no wrong. The benefits are good and you can purchase Apple stock at a discount. This may be the best reason to work for Apple. Discounts on hardware is OK, but products must ship from CA, can't be purchased from retail stock. Retail stock discount is only 10% and excludes some products such as Bose.

Cons

Most store managers or general managers are incompetent. They lack respect for the employees and treat the majority of the customers with little or no respect.

Hire better store managers that understand HR better.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!