Apple

www.apple.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

You won't be the smartest kid in class

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple hires very well; your coworkers will be extremely talented and smart. You can learn a lot, fast, and you have the satisfaction of working for one of the best loved brands in the world. Too, the employee perks are good and getting better, albeit under pressure from GOOG.

Cons

It is a personality driven organization, and only those personalities that match the screaming tantrum thrower at the top seem to get ahead. The secrecy is beyond fastidious and is in fact insultingly petty and political, and often is an impediment to actually getting one's work done. Communication is not a skill that is prized or rewarded and thus is naturally underdeveloped to the point of atrophy. We're remunerated well, but not as well as perhaps we might be.

Keep doing what you're doing, but pay more attention to company-wide communication over direction, succession, &c.

4410 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Good for some, not others

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The brand and reasonable discounts. People tend to be excited to hear you work there. Usually is fun to come to work and be able to interact with a wide range of people.

Cons

Overly secretive. Little to no room for advancement. The retail roles are extremely repetitive and at times nauseating. Great if you're a college student or something, but everyone else should steer clear (though to be fair, that's true of retail in general). I don't feel like I'm recognized for my hard work and am highly limited in the ways I can advance within the company.

Great job with the products, not so good at managing people.

A big company in the mould of a small company

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Independent work culture making you manage ur workload.....

Cons

Too vague in terms of processes making it frustrating sometimes to get in touch with the right people.... sometimes I wonder at the inefficiences with which we operate in terms of operations and still get such a healthy margin.... what would happen if we can tighten our processes... somehow vagueness is a doubel-edged sword here at apple.. it fosters great ideas sometimes but leads to ad-hoc actions a lot of times making the company lot of money.....

Never expect yourself to stay in one role here for a very long time.... there are so many things to do.. if you are up to it, there would be no dearth of work and opportunities....

There are newer employer reviews for Apple