There are newer employer reviews for Apple

You won't be the smartest kid in class

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple hires very well; your coworkers will be extremely talented and smart. You can learn a lot, fast, and you have the satisfaction of working for one of the best loved brands in the world. Too, the employee perks are good and getting better, albeit under pressure from GOOG.

Cons

It is a personality driven organization, and only those personalities that match the screaming tantrum thrower at the top seem to get ahead. The secrecy is beyond fastidious and is in fact insultingly petty and political, and often is an impediment to actually getting one's work done. Communication is not a skill that is prized or rewarded and thus is naturally underdeveloped to the point of atrophy. We're remunerated well, but not as well as perhaps we might be.

Keep doing what you're doing, but pay more attention to company-wide communication over direction, succession, &c.

3873 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Good for some, not others

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The brand and reasonable discounts. People tend to be excited to hear you work there. Usually is fun to come to work and be able to interact with a wide range of people.

Cons

Overly secretive. Little to no room for advancement. The retail roles are extremely repetitive and at times nauseating. Great if you're a college student or something, but everyone else should steer clear (though to be fair, that's true of retail in general). I don't feel like I'm recognized for my hard work and am highly limited in the ways I can advance within the company.

Great job with the products, not so good at managing people.

A great job for part-time and full-time employees alike, but especially good for college students.

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Durham, NC

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Rewarding experiences, working with people who enjoy the products.
    Above average base salary, perfect for students.
    Very flexible weekly scheduling.
    Impressive employee discounts.
    By design, you aren't paid on commission, so both you and the customer won't have to go through the motions of selling/buying products you don't want to.

Cons

Customers, understandably very sensitive about their computer-related investments, get a bit testy sometimes and take their anger out on you, when they are often the cause of their own problem.

None.