Apple

Not bad overall

Former Employee - Concierge in New York, NY
Former Employee - Concierge in New York, NY

I worked at Apple

Pros

The work environment is fast-paced and the people genuinely care, at least for the most part. There is a strong sense of community within the store, and it has been a great place to develop friendships and to learn. Some days you get the chance to really make a customer's day, or to turn a bad situation into a positive one, and that can be very rewarding. The chance to make a customer's day is worth coming to work for in the morning, and management is (mostly) supportive of employees who go out of their way to do this, which is encouraging.

Cons

Secrecy hurts the company - employees are given limited information about important company news and events. Also, the tremendous volume of customers a store handles in a single day makes the pace incredibly stressful at times, and you are often forced to multi-task to the limit of your ability to comprehend. Customers can be extremely rude if they feel they've been slighted by the company, which seems to be frequent, as many people today have a sense of entitlement the size of California. The company also expects you to be a "team player" i.e. devote a generous portion of your free time to your work schedule.

Promote based on how an employee treats customers, not how they perform financially. Give more employees the chance at full-time status if they want it.

4237 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Challenging a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Keeps you on your toes, always improving. Great HR services.

Cons

Can be competitive at times, and everyone is very busy... almost too busy.

I'd like more communication between departments just cause I'm an Apple fan, but it makes sense why certain things are kept in secret.

Review From AppleCare Call Center Perspective.

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Great company to work for. Great products. Good employee discounts (Were better before iPhone 3G became subsidized). Good discounts with other businesses as well. Very laid back atmosphere (Never been somewhere that didn't have a dress code before). People have even interviewed while dressed up in costumes and gotten hired.

Unlike many call centers I have worked at, Apple actually has time available to be used in the case of a family member being sick. This is extremely helpful when you are a parent with children in daycare, which is all to common these days.

Cons

For working in the AppleCare division: As with any call center there is the strictness to adherence and also to attendance. This has never become an issue for me as I've worked in call center environments for over 10 years now and that is really a downside to all call centers.

Keep doing what your doing, because it works. Only request would be to allow us to purchase the iPhone 3G with our employee discount.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple