Apple

Some change is needed

Former Employee - Anonymous in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

Benefits and time off. The benefits are very good. So is the time off and vacations. I also think there is good work life balance. California laws allow for great benefits. Steve Jobs is revered at the company. Is seems to be a great leader and everyone is excited about the products. Employee discounts on products are a plus too.

Cons

Stucture needed for a growing company. As the organization get bigger, the organization will need to change how they go to market and the processes that the organization employs. The organization opposes this becauses it changes the company culture, but there is a way to balance maintaining the culture with structure needed for a growing organization.

Change is needed for a growing organization.

4096 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

A big company in the mould of a small company

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Independent work culture making you manage ur workload.....

Cons

Too vague in terms of processes making it frustrating sometimes to get in touch with the right people.... sometimes I wonder at the inefficiences with which we operate in terms of operations and still get such a healthy margin.... what would happen if we can tighten our processes... somehow vagueness is a doubel-edged sword here at apple.. it fosters great ideas sometimes but leads to ad-hoc actions a lot of times making the company lot of money.....

Never expect yourself to stay in one role here for a very long time.... there are so many things to do.. if you are up to it, there would be no dearth of work and opportunities....

Research the store's flow, workload and attitude before you accept and offer.

Former Employee - Mac Genius in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Mac Genius in Roseville, MN

I worked at Apple

Pros

Better than average pay, excellent benefits for full time employees, including stock options. Above average training for skill positions, opportunities to grow if you are the right "type". Access to internal knowledge of products. Excellent corporate support for employees. Often get a "bonus" at end of year - usually an iPod. Somewhat "glamourous" I guess, you may impress your friends if you work there. Excellent discounts (25% off one full system per year, 15% off other systems, 10-15% off product including 3rd party product, lots of partnership discounts and offers.) T-Shirts provided.

Cons

In Retail - management. They hired people with no knowledge and gave them no training. Communication was next to nothing. Netpromoter feedback was only communicated it it was negative. Incompetent people were promoted. Policies were continually ignored, broken or sometimes outright imagined. Employee feedback was ignored, and if recognized, it was shot down or patronized. More attention was paid to sales numbers than customer satisfaction. Training provided was to "increase the sale" rather than find the best solution for the customer. Lack of inter-store communication left our market in the dark and the customer experience scattered and varied.

Start focusing on the customer again. Be more selective in who you hire. Train the ones you do hire. Give more credit to the staff members who have worked there since the beginning. Grow slowly. Don't penalize good employees for the mistakes of incompetent ones. The time clock should not be a terminable offense. Stop over-promising to customers on goods and services we don't have the space or time to deliver. Defend your Geniuses. Honor your Creatives. Train and manage and observe your Specialists and Concierge. You can't manage the floor staff if you're never on the floor.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple