AppleOne

www.appleone.com
There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne

A Great Place To Work...

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

-Regular working hours
-Fun and encouraging atmosphere. From your co-workers all the way up to Regional Management, this company knows how to work very hard and play even harder.
-Management is very supportive of employees and are constantly pushing us toward success
-Lot's of extra goodies when you have a profitable desk - prizes, trips, cash!

Cons

-Each office has a different climate and is usually dictated by its manager and senior staff. I would prefer if there was more consistency from branch to branch.
-Although we can make as much money as we want based on our sales performance, the base salary with AppleOne is significantly lower than our competitors. This makes it difficult to bring experienced recruiters in because all too often we can't match the base that they are receiving from our competitor.

For the most part the management at AppleOne does a great job. I would just suggest that the upper management and those over the branches take a good hard look at your mid-level managers and how they treat their employees. Agency sales is a stressful job, add to that a toxic manager and it can become a very difficult environment.

235 Other Employee Reviews for AppleOne (View Most Recent)

Sadly, an unprofessional sloppy company - not a place where one desires to work.

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

At corporate - can take lunch when you want, don't have to dress professionally, can act, for lack of a better phrase, "low class" and no one will care. Some departments aren't "managed." As long as you take care of your responsibilities, you can do as you please. Many take a lot of breaks and socialize either with other employees or on their cell phones. The owner(s) doesn't care.

At branch offices, recruiters have the chance to make money. Like multi-level marketing, employees have the "chance." In all fairness, some do make a nice living, and there are some very sincere people in some branches.

Cons

At corporate - poor working environment. Dirty, old environment. The bathrooms are too small for the number of employees and sometimes unsanitary. They smell bad most often. The parking situation is terrible.

There is no sense of "support" or "team." Various department heads sometimes "bully" employees if they believe they can get away with it. The more crafty department heads who enjoy "power" can be downright cruel. The owner only cares about the bottom line, certainly not about moral issues or being humanitarian. Most feel if they speak up about any of the poor conditions they will put their job in jeopardy.

At branches (& corporate)

You can feel like you are working for a cult organization. There is a lot of secrecy, a lot of gossip. The owners and much of the management do not connect with the employees. If you speak with Bernie Howroyd, the founder and owner, he will talk to you with a lot of "cult-speak" platitudes. There is much propaganda that leans in the direction of "the guru is always right" and all must speak great things about the guru - Bernie Howroyd. Most in the organization are not well educated and follow along by drinking the kool aid.

The branches often employ what many would consider unethical business practices including tricking job seekers into working for free. In a nutshell, the job seekers are encourages to give the recruiters leads to help the recruiter, not necessarily the specific job seeker.

The entire operation is very outdated in terms of modern business management procedures and technology. Ironically, the owner spends a lot on maintaining outdated technology. The IT department employees a lot of people who are in many respects, unnecessary. The owner is very paranoid of his competition breaking inside his firewall to learn about his secrets. There really isn't much there, just a handful of skeletons in various closets.

Reform the cult-like management system, secrecy, and gossip. Be real, be transparent, and be accountable. Weed out the cancerous managers/VPs. The folks at the top want to keep lining their pockets. They need to go and fresh, well-educated management & management systems need to be brought in.

All businesses are focused on profits. Great business realize more profits buy creating great working environments and connecting with employees on humanitarian levels. Take a look at the top 100 companies to work for in the States. See why they are on the list - talk to these managers. Study, research, reinvent.

Poor

Former Employee - Student Service Associate
    Former Employee - Student Service Associate

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

AppleOne provides options for those seeking a job not a career. They were the most helpful temporary agency I have worked with.

Cons

The downside to AppleOne is the contract, temporary or non-permanent aspect. They can cut the cord at anytime with a simple phone call saying "thank you but your services are no longer needed".

The management needs to accept the fact that people need more notice when the contract expires. There was no notice at all.

There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne