AppleOne

www.appleone.com
  www.appleone.com
There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne

Consistently inconsistent

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

At AppleOne, flexibility is a virtue! Within the company, corporate personnel wear many hats and field personnel have many tools to succeed professionally and financially. As an applicant, you can be sure that people will work hard to get you placed.

Cons

Personality differences and territorial-ism are major obstacles for anyone with ideas about moving the company forward. Worries about stability and "not making waves" prevent leaders from creating direction and business strategies for development. Combine all that with a lack of incentives, and you get a bunch of spinning wheels.

Improve the corporate culture by encouraging people to work together. Foster creation of a company the really functions like the idea being sold.

235 Other Employee Reviews for AppleOne (View Most Recent)

Disappointing.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When I first became unemployed, They were very quick to get me in the office for testing and getting my resume active in their system.

Cons

Have had 3 interviews total set up by them in over a year time period. Most of the people there also work in silo's. I say this because I have applied for many different positions within the company which about 95% of them go into a void and I hear nothing (no feedback, no the company has gone with someone else, nothing). They seem to be very disorganized.

Instead of giving the comp to just one of the reps, look at changing the program for multiple reps at a lower rate by splitting it. Short term might result with some of the reps losing out on higher comp package but long term it will help put more people to work and encourage getting out of silo's the company is currently in and help better fits for the employee's they are servicing.

A great place to gain experience in recruitment or sales, definitely not a place I would recommend long-term.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

-Decent commission plan
    -Open book policy (monthly p&l meetings for each branch), in this regard the company was very transparent
    -Recruiters manage both sales and recruiting, so it's a great place to gain experience in both areas. This could be especially useful for someone considering starting their own agency in the future.

Cons

-One of the worst benefits packages I've seen in the industry (very little vacation, etc)
    -Low base salary
    -Some regions have great managers and because of that the staff is happy and employees have great tenure. In other regions (and unfortunately this included my own) the management is awful and changed every few months. This led to a lot of employee turn-over which made the branch less successful.
    -EXTREMELY micromanaged. You will spend a lot of your day completing reports.
    -Very aggressive and sales driven. I often felt more like a used car salesman than a consultant.

-Successful teams start with great managers! Take more care with who you hire, especially for Regional VP positions and above, as they can make or break a branch!
    -A higher base salary and better benefits package would attract better recruiters. It's fine having a few recent grads or employees new to the industry, but it would also be be nice if salary and benefits were competitive enough to attract more experienced candidates.

There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne