AppleOne
www.appleone.com Glendale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Turn 'em and burn 'em

Staffing Consultant (Former Employee)
Orange, CA

ProsGreat training when it comes to the buzz of staffing. It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for. AppleOne really prepares you for that grind. I was never unaware that if I wasn't cutting it, I'd get cut.

ConsToo many managers telling you what to do, and the schedule was so rigid, I was asked to change my dentist since he didn't offer appointments before my shift started. If I came into work a minute late, which happened maybe twice in 1.5 years, I was asked to take a minute from my lunch. If you returned late from lunch, you were given either a verbal or written condemnation. Another issue I found interesting, I was constantly asked to work on my own job orders, build my business, and recruit candidates for my open positions, but when the top performer in our office had a need, everyone basically had to drop all they were doing, and help her fill her orders. Not only did this improve her numbers, and made her one of the top performers within the whole company, it actually brought down my numbers and those of my coworkers. This only led to my detriment, or firing of my coworkers. (I was with A1 for a little over a year, and I saw 7 people leave my office, either let go or resigned.) I was asked repeatedly not to worry about the top performer's orders, but when a need came up, that statement was forgotten each time. Then I was back to square one during my WEEKLY review where I was more often than not, reprimanded for the numbers I had. I was also put on probation during a slow selling time when I feared being able to keep my job, and although my yearly numbers reached above and beyond my minimum requirements, it was not enough for that short time period. Lastly, I left AppleOne after finding another staffing gig for a small family-run company. As I left, I asked when I would receive my last expense check as well as the 6 days of vacation I accrued. I was told I wasn't offered my vacation time. A family lawyer told me it was illegal for them to take those accrued wages, once I accrue them, they are mine. Under the URISA law, AppleOne has found a supposed loophole to abandon this California regulation. Regardless, I fought it, and in court, they had a settlement check ready for me. If that doesn't scream class-action lawsuit, I'm not really sure what does.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being sticklers about your schedule, and at least pretend to care what your employees say.

Horrific Organization avoid

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros: Paycheck if in desperation mode. Cons: Low pay. No bonus structure. Lack of strategic planning at… Advice to Senior Management: I was hired as PM to manage the BPA account. The Regional VPs hired me *after* the BPA delivered the news that the supplier… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Senior Account Executive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AppleOne

Pros: It's a great first job in the recruiting field to… Cons: Should have a better training and mentorship program. More
There are newer reviews on AppleOne.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!

AppleOne – Why Work for Us?

AppleOne Employment Services is a full-service employment company. Founded in 1964, we are now celebrating 50 Years of the AppleOne Experience. In 2013, our LinkedIn Company Page was selected as one of the 10 Best… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AppleOne reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd. All reviews posted anonymously by AppleOne employees.