AppleOne

www.appleone.com

Senior Account Executive

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

It's a great first job in the recruiting field to learn the do's and don'ts.

Cons

Should have a better training and mentorship program.

Other Reviews for AppleOne

It's a staffing agency and it's still a tough economy but they got me a job in a couple of weeks so that's not bad.

Current Employee - Temp  in  Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Temp in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They have the time cards set up on the web so you don't have to go to the office. Pay straight to your checking account.
    People in the office are very nice, too.

Cons

Haven't found one yet but I did just start with them.

Turn 'em and burn 'em

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant  in  Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Orange, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training when it comes to the buzz of staffing. It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for. AppleOne really prepares you for that grind. I was never unaware that if I wasn't cutting it, I'd get cut.

Cons

Too many managers telling you what to do, and the schedule was so rigid, I was asked to change my dentist since he didn't offer appointments before my shift started. If I came into work a minute late, which happened maybe twice in 1.5 years, I was asked to take a minute from my lunch. If you returned late from lunch, you were given either a verbal or written condemnation. Another issue I found interesting, I was constantly asked to work on my own job orders, build my business, and recruit candidates for my open positions, but when the top performer in our office had a need, everyone basically had to drop all they were doing, and help her fill her orders. Not only did this improve her numbers, and made her one of the top performers within the whole company, it actually brought down my numbers and those of my coworkers. This only led to my detriment, or firing of my coworkers. (I was with A1 for a little over a year, and I saw 7 people leave my office, either let go or resigned.) I was asked repeatedly not to worry about the top performer's orders, but when a need came up, that statement was forgotten each time. Then I was back to square one during my WEEKLY review where I was more often than not, reprimanded for the numbers I had. I was also put on probation during a slow selling time when I feared being able to keep my job, and although my yearly numbers reached above and beyond my minimum requirements, it was not enough for that short time period. Lastly, I left AppleOne after finding another staffing gig for a small family-run company. As I left, I asked when I would receive my last expense check as well as the 6 days of vacation I accrued. I was told I wasn't offered my vacation time. A family lawyer told me it was illegal for them to take those accrued wages, once I accrue them, they are mine. Under the URISA law, AppleOne has found a supposed loophole to abandon this California regulation. Regardless, I fought it, and in court, they had a settlement check ready for me. If that doesn't scream class-action lawsuit, I'm not really sure what does.

Stop being sticklers about your schedule, and at least pretend to care what your employees say.

There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!