AppleOne

www.appleone.com
There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Gained a lot of valuable skills for future positions in sales and recruiting. Learned how to approach a sale

Cons

Management, it was very sketchy throughout the region, a lot of secrets between the branch managers at the locations. In the less than 4 months I was there, I saw 3 people get fired and 1 person (other than myself, quit). Extremely high turnover and negativity about the job.

Learn to manage, and be a leader.

236 Other Employee Reviews for AppleOne (View Most Recent)

not a good experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

It is a company that has offices all of the United States. There is a local office not too far from where I work.

Cons

The office I used is in Minnesota and not the office over here. It was such a hassle to fill out the employment information for the work site and then head to the library to fax over the documentation. In addition to that, 2 weeks worth of pay went missing several months ago. I was so upset about that. Another con is that there are no benefits.

Overall very disappointing.

Current Employee - Merchandise Remodel Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Merchandise Remodel Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

AppleOne found me a contract job that wasn't great but got me into a company that I love so I accepted. In the beginning, before my contract began, my agent was very friendly and seemed to be putting a lot of effort into finding contract positions for me.

Cons

As soon as I signed the contract, I never heard from my agent again unless I emailed and called multiple times first. Even when I did finally get ahold of her it usually led to a game of telephone and unanswered questions.

Before my contract began, I asked my agent upfront if they would be taking money out of my paychecks and the answer was a resounding "no"--an answer that I later found out was an outright lie as I found out they are currently taking four dollars out of the hourly rate my company pays me for the work that I do.

Lastly, and possibly most frustrating, AppleOne does not advocate for raises for its employees. I have seen multiple raises for contractors from agencies including The Mergis Group and Kelly Mitchell for contractors working alongside me in identical contracts who are not being reviewed on performance, simply receiving raises for getting their contracts extended. When I called AppleOne to inquire about this difference in agencies, the only response I was given was that it is not "their policy" to ask for raises--even after my contract had been extended. They then tried to scare me out of speaking up to my supervisor at my job and turned the blame on me saying that I must not be working hard enough (which is not true according to my supervisor and also unrelated due to the fact that the company I work for has a flat rate across the board with contractors so the raise is dependent on the descretion of AppleOne). When I asked for documentation proving that my company had not raised the flat rate for contractors to find out whether or not AppleOne had just been pocketing the difference, I was told that it was again "not their policy" to share that information.

Being a contractor can be a great learning experience, but do your research before signing on with an agency like AppleOne or you might find yourself boxed into a immobile position like the one I am battling now. My advice is to know the facts and bring up these hard questions in your initial interview.

Implement more transparency in your business (specifically your base and mid-level employees) and really step back and learn from other agencies on how to approach raise negotiations and contractor relationship maintenance.

There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne