There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne

Never Work for these people. They are mean and lazy.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were absolutely zero pros. This was by far the worst work experience I've ever had. I suppose the only pro is that I no longer work for them.

Cons

I never once had a lunch break or any other kind of break the entire time I worked for them. I was lied to about the position and ended up doing exponentially more work for super low pay. When I complained to AppleOne about my slavery type working conditions, they threatened to take me off the assignment which was essentially firing me because I wanted a meal break during my over 9 hour day. I was a slave. I was disrespected. They were just plain mean to me.

Advice to Management

Fire ALL of your "account reps." Also, please train all staff in the ways of proper communication and send them through some type of sensitivity training. The better option with the bad reputation you already have is to just shut down and start over with a fresh philosophy and a staff that treats other humans with a little bit of decency and respect.

reviews filtered by

Go through another employment agency if you can

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Bloomington, MN

I worked at AppleOne part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of any pros.

Cons

Even though I interviewed, scored well on their tests, and updated my availability weekly, the staff did not come through for me at all. Staffing professionals seemed snobby and stuck up. I received emails with more information about positions and sent in application materials, only to be told that my test scores didn't meet the requirements for the positions (why would they send you a job notice that you aren't eligible for?). I once worked a one-day-only inventory assignment, and have never heard from them since. Save yourself the time on this agency and choose a better one.

2. Lots of jobs for a contractor, but difficult to work with the company's in-house staff.

Former Contractor - "Associate" in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - "Associate" in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Frequent job placement (depending on what city you live in). And depending on which staffer is representing you, they will work hard to get you in a job. It can be a great way to get to know a city and be introduced to new job fields.

Cons

1. High rotation in-house often means you get different people representing you suddenly, you may not like each other or they're just invested more in other associates/contractors, & they may not work as hard to get you jobs. 2. They take an enormous cut from your pay (which in turn can cut into your motivation).

Advice to Management

Try to keep in-house staff rotation down, and decrease the commission taken for jobs given to contractors. That way, in-house staff competition to "sell" jobs will be less cut-throat; and more people (companies, in-house staff, and contractors) will stick with the company all around.