AppleOne

There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne

Bait and Switch

Current Contractor - Temp in Denver, CO
Current Contractor - Temp in Denver, CO

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

My account exec is really nice, good location for the office, direct deposit. Found me an assignment quickly in a still crummy economy. Didn't hold it against me that I quit my last job for personal reasons/quality of life concerns.

Cons

Lower pay than many other agencies. At the last assignment I did for them 2 years ago, I was on average making $1-$2 less/hr than my temporary co-workers thru other agencies. My account exec this time around pulled a bait and switch on me (and it's happened before at another AppleOne office, I think just to get me in the door and ask about my current company)-had initially offered me an assignment that paid $18.90/hr and I ended up being "rejected" for that one (if it even existed in the first place, which I doubt) and accepting an assignment for $14.00/hr that required 2 interviews, 3 separate background checks, 10 year residence history, fingerprinting and a copy of my birth certificate to be provided. Since I've already completed the process, I'm going to go thru with the assignment, but I got tired of being asked for "just one more thing" every few days or so. I should've had my behind in the chair at this assignment weeks ago.

Help your account execs get a little bit more organized so that when they're asking for additional info/documentation from their temps, they can get everything at once instead of forcing us unemployed/broke temps to run around town and waste gas and time needlessly. Allow for better accessibility to account execs. It seems like every time I call up wanting to speak with mine, she's on the phone, in an interview or away from the office. I always have to leave messages/emails and wait for a return call.

251 Other Employee Reviews for AppleOne (View Most Recent)

Well paid temporary position that went from two months to one year

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You have flexibility in the assignments you choose. Appleone will pay top dollar for your skills and my assignments lasted alot longer than expected

Cons

Mainly temporary positions. Maybe some temp-to-hire or permanent. Have not had alot of interaction with staff.

When assignment starts, call employee to see if the job is going well and if they have questions.

Santa Clara Office

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

Location of the office, nothing else.

Cons

After registering, nothing else happened. Why register if the company does not place?

Hire recruiters that take their jobs seriously. After one year I haven't heard anything else. They only call you in to register but don't find positions. Registration should only take place if there is an actual job offer.

There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne