AppleOne
www.appleone.com Glendale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Bait and Switch

Temp (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for more than a year

ProsMy account exec is really nice, good location for the office, direct deposit. Found me an assignment quickly in a still crummy economy. Didn't hold it against me that I quit my last job for personal reasons/quality of life concerns.

ConsLower pay than many other agencies. At the last assignment I did for them 2 years ago, I was on average making $1-$2 less/hr than my temporary co-workers thru other agencies. My account exec this time around pulled a bait and switch on me (and it's happened before at another AppleOne office, I think just to get me in the door and ask about my current company)-had initially offered me an assignment that paid $18.90/hr and I ended up being "rejected" for that one (if it even existed in the first place, which I doubt) and accepting an assignment for $14.00/hr that required 2 interviews, 3 separate background checks, 10 year residence history, fingerprinting and a copy of my birth certificate to be provided. Since I've already completed the process, I'm going to go thru with the assignment, but I got tired of being asked for "just one more thing" every few days or so. I should've had my behind in the chair at this assignment weeks ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your account execs get a little bit more organized so that when they're asking for additional info/documentation from their temps, they can get everything at once instead of forcing us unemployed/broke temps to run around town and waste gas and time needlessly. Allow for better accessibility to account execs. It seems like every time I call up wanting to speak with mine, she's on the phone, in an interview or away from the office. I always have to leave messages/emails and wait for a return call.

High turnover due to shady intraoffice politics and oppressive sales pressure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros: Well thought out sales policies, clear expectations and comprehensive training. Cons: Staffing and sales are difficult fields, which usually take a lot of groundwork before you see great results. AppleOne puts ridiculous demands on new employees,… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your employees, heavy turnover in a staffing agency is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Well paid temporary position that went from two months to one year

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros: You have flexibility in the assignments you choose. Appleone will pay… Cons: Mainly temporary positions. Maybe some temp-to-hire or permanent. … Advice to Senior Management: When assignment starts, call employee to see if the job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on AppleOne.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AppleOne reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd. All reviews posted anonymously by AppleOne employees.