There are newer employer reviews for AppleOne

Michelle and the rest of the Charleston TEAM worked really hard to FIND Me a position that I mesh well with.

Current Employee - Retention Coordinator in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Retention Coordinator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was reluctant about coming to this agency, but recruiting team did a great job of listening to me and my skill set. After being harassed and mistreated at my previous job, I came to AppleOne looking for other options for employment. I wanted to work where my excellent work ethics and extensive background could be utilized to the absolute fullest. Michelle nailed it in the first try getting me linked with my current position and I couldn't be anymore happier. She gave me a new outlook on the work world.

Cons

The perks to this placement is knowing that in 90 days I will be a permanent employee of a well known international company.

Advice to Management

I think management should have surveys put in applicant files so they can be completed and mailed to supervisors, to get a better understanding of how this agency works well with its supporting communities.

Other Employee Reviews for AppleOne

Appleone is one of the Best Staffing Agencies I have ever worked for!!

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Schiller Park, IL
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Schiller Park, IL

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I really appreciate the efficiency and quick turn around time they provide to their employees, along with professionalism. Good upbeat people!!

Cons

One of my challenges was the commute on public transportation to assignments. But that was up to me to advise them of where I could commute, and soon they provided me with assignments that I could get to easily.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and personal touch you have with your employees. They feel that you really care when you come to an assignment just to meet them and see if their happy and comfortable at their assignment.

AppleOne Response

Jun 27, 2014 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a Glassdoor review for us. We're glad you enjoyed our personal touch and efficiency!

Cheap!

Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Spend 1 year to 18 months max working here. You can use the experience and transfer it to Recruiting (for a good corporate company), Admin support, Marketing, Sales, Account Management, Project Management. *Learn how to interview people (this helps when you're on the other side as a candidate because you are able to learn the language of interviewing well)

Cons

While I worked here as an entry level recruiter I felt like a pimp. The trainers try to spin it like you're helping people, but you're actually exploiting them while they are at their most vulnerable. Here's how: 1.Ask candidates where they applied and who they interviewed with. Contact that company and try to push your way into getting a req 2. If a candidate is hired as a temp you cut into their pay. For example, for a candidate who earns $10 hourly Appleone is billing the client+$30.00 hourly. 3. Contact candidate references under the guise of checking references, really though the purpose is not to learn more about the candidate. The purpose of refernce checking is to try to "flip" the call into a sale. The owner, Bernie fits the description of a slimy salesmen, and he's proud of it. Offices are run down - old equipment, low base salaries, expensive benefits (no 401k matching). When Bernie visits offices he encourages Receuiters to MANIPULATE example: "Oh, was it Jane Doe that interviewed you?" The idea is to make up a name so that the candidate will say "No actually ----- interviewed me"