There are newer employer reviews for Applebee's

McDonalds of the dinning experience

Current Employee - Server in Beaverton, OR
Current Employee - Server in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Applebee's

Pros

-This location has a good crew. -This location is the busiest in the area. -As a whole, store level management is helpful and supportive. -Good happy hour and late night deals.

Cons

-Vice President lives in the area. Seems like a nice enough guy but not only does he not tip well, he doesn't tip decently and sometimes not at all. If you are in the industry, you should be supporting your fellows by tipping, especially if you are getting your dinner for free. It is difficult for me to respect a company that has a manager that doesn't tip. -The food in general is sub-par and difficult for me to get excited about. -If you want to make good money here as a server, you need to work late at night. This means getting off work at 11pm to 1am or later. -There are many bugs in the POS making it difficult to work with.

Advice to Management

-Steve, you need to start tipping. Your staff doesn't respect you and the company because of it and it brings down morale. -Spend more time testing and reviewing tools your staff will work with, like the POS. Providing sub-par tools to work with reflects on how you really see your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very challenging

Former Employee - Hostess in Henderson, KY
    Former Employee - Hostess in Henderson, KY

I worked at Applebee's

Pros

Most of the servers were nice to work and i made a lot of friends with the employees. Working here also allowed me to meet new people and see people from school on a regular basis

Cons

When we got really busy the servers would get frustrated with the hosts The kitchen was rarely able to handle rushes Some of the employees thought they were above everybody else

There was to much drama going on there, and the management was terrible.

Former Employee - Food Server in Sioux City, IA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Sioux City, IA

I worked at Applebee's

Pros

Money is alright & it's usually pretty busy.

Cons

Bad management, stressful, gross, not many opportunities to move up