Applebee's
www.applebees.com Overland Park, KS 5000+ Employees

Great experience

I have been working at Applebee's part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible, enjoyable, relatively easy, experience in communicating with people

ConsIt is not necessarily an professional environment. There is some unexperienced management so sometimes it can be difficult to work for managers that are just learning how to do their job or managers who do not fulfill their role professionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage the managers to not force their employees to do the things they want them to do. There have been times when the managers withhold allowing employees to leave until servers can sell so much of a certain "contest item"; use more positive reinforcement. If you see people who are not motivated to selling an item or performing their job well, admonish them in private. DON'T slap a "scarlet letter" on them. Praise your employees for the great things that they do; It is my experience that this is the most effective form of motivation.

A great company to begin a career in restaurant management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Applebee's

Pros: Learn the Restaurant industry if you are entry level Management works together to provide… Cons: Very difficult to receive bonuses! Employees must work all holidays (thanksgiving, christmas eve and christmas day, new years eve and day). You must also sign… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hostess Applebee's

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Applebee's

Pros: good atmosphere but definitely depends highly on the management of… Cons: Did not work in a busy area so didn't get… More

There are newer reviews on Applebee's.

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applebee's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applebee's CEO Julia Stewart. All reviews posted anonymously by Applebee's employees.