There are newer employer reviews for Applebee's

Happy

Current Employee - Human Resource Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Applebee's full-time for more than a year

Pros

There were alot of very Nice people and the pay matched the amount that you have worked. Co workers made job more fun

Cons

it was pretty stresful and there was alot of work to do. theres nothing i can really do but it doesnt mean much to them if you make it or not

674 Other Employee Reviews for Applebee's (View Most Recent)

Mass Exodus of Managers in Atlanta

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Applebee's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mostly good staff, but a few bad 'apples'. Ummmm?

Cons

Upper Level Mgmt has no idea what they are doing. Ignoring repairs, ignoring company policy, cutting the throats of GM's - watch them leave in mass. Policy of having a 'write-up' on every employee so you can fire them at will is simply Bad Policy. Working Mgrs 80+ hours for a bonus that is ever changing and unattainable is bad policy. Paying GMs 0 dollars more than an Asst Mgr is ridiculous. Every single restaurant job I had was better than being a GM in this Franchise!

When you buy a batch of stores from the original founder of the company - clean house at the upper level. You guys (and I mean the ones that actually should be fired) are squeezing out GMs as if it was them. Once all the GMs are gone.....then who will they blame?

High Pressure, poor training for Server position

Former Employee - Food Server  in  Tewksbury, MA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Tewksbury, MA

I worked at Applebee's part-time for less than a year

Pros

The money was good, and the place was always busy. I was making $400 in tips Thursday through Sunday. Can't think of any other pros.

Cons

The training was insufficient. Not enough to train a server. The trainer had zero incentive for me to succeed, and it showed. Politics were nuts. I came off the street. Other folks, hosts for instance, had wanted to be servers for a while, so they didn't appreciate management selecting me over them.

Train better.

There are newer employer reviews for Applebee's

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!