There are newer employer reviews for Applebee's

I was a cook for three years.

Former Employee - Cook  in  Lawrence, KS
Former Employee - Cook in Lawrence, KS

I worked at Applebee's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The job itself didn't require much skill and got to work with some great friends. I also got raises fairly quickly.

Cons

Working in a food service job sucks. The hours suck. The work sucks. A lot of the time the people suck. Also working for a corporation means that you have to jump through hoops and play stupid little games to actually get anything accomplished.

Work on hiring better employees to begin with so that the turnover rate was lower. I had to train so many people to watch them leave a month later. Waste of my life.

675 Other Employee Reviews for Applebee's (View Most Recent)

Happy

Current Employee - Human Resource Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Applebee's full-time for more than a year

Pros

There were alot of very Nice people and the pay matched the amount that you have worked. Co workers made job more fun

Cons

it was pretty stresful and there was alot of work to do. theres nothing i can really do but it doesnt mean much to them if you make it or not

Mass Exodus of Managers in Atlanta

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Applebee's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mostly good staff, but a few bad 'apples'. Ummmm?

Cons

Upper Level Mgmt has no idea what they are doing. Ignoring repairs, ignoring company policy, cutting the throats of GM's - watch them leave in mass. Policy of having a 'write-up' on every employee so you can fire them at will is simply Bad Policy. Working Mgrs 80+ hours for a bonus that is ever changing and unattainable is bad policy. Paying GMs 0 dollars more than an Asst Mgr is ridiculous. Every single restaurant job I had was better than being a GM in this Franchise!

When you buy a batch of stores from the original founder of the company - clean house at the upper level. You guys (and I mean the ones that actually should be fired) are squeezing out GMs as if it was them. Once all the GMs are gone.....then who will they blame?

There are newer employer reviews for Applebee's

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!