Applebee's

There are newer employer reviews for Applebee's

Consistently inconsistent

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager
Former Employee - Restaurant Manager

I worked at Applebee's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I worked for both corporate owned and franchised locations and to be completely honest, the franchise store were much better run that the company stores. I worked with some great General Managers and I've worked with some people who let a tiny bit of power go straight to their head. It really depends on the store.

Cons

Quality of life is low. Poorly written manager schedules leave you frequently sleep deprived. I would work a close mid open at least once a week in spite of the company guidelines given during orientation stating this is to happen only in extermis. 60+ hour weeks are common. Stores run for months with 2 managers. Bonus is based on sales over last year but consideration is not given for mitigating circumstances. Deferred maintenance seems to be the norm. I worked at one store that flooded in the kitchen every Sunday for a year before we were allowed to have more than Roto-rooter look at it. Unsafe and sometimes unsanitary conditions are allowed to go on because they are too expensive to fix. Managers are expected to do landscaping and repairs in their "spare time".

I realize you are a great big company but maybe look into having someone local to maintain the stores in each region. Listen to your managers. Let them do their jobs. Don't expect them to do construction/maintenance work.

758 Other Employee Reviews for Applebee's (View Most Recent)

Good enough job to just get by.

I worked at Applebee's

Pros

Not a very difficult job, definitely not rocket science.

Cons

Getting shifts can be difficult. The only ways to make a lot of tips money is to work during the weekday nights and working doubles.

Used to be fun. Now a nightmare

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manalapan, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manalapan, NJ

I worked at Applebee's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fun co-workers and fun interacting with interesting customers.

Cons

No employee loyalty. Will fire anyone for any reason. Hypocritical higher ups. (Look up Applebee's pastor on google)

Show more respect for employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Applebee's