There are newer employer reviews for Applebee's

Began great, ended poorly

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Springfield, MO
Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Springfield, MO

I worked at Applebee's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I first started my Applebee's was a company owned restuarant, Relationship with the staff, above average starting pay for the area

Cons

New owners making promises they did not keep, taking vacation away, lowering bonus dollars available to earn, closing continually, pay increases extremely low, low bonus potential for both restaurant managers and general managers, expecting too much from too few staff, inconsistency with direction, setting unrealistic profit and labor goals, lack of communication in my last store.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with not only your General Managers but your Assistant Managers as well. Take a look at setting realistic goals for profit and labor. Asking managers to run a kitchen alone in order to make a daily labor is not positive for the manager, the staff, or the guest. All suffer the effects of running low staff numbers to hit labor goals that are not realistic for the volume of the restaurant.

reviews filtered by
  1. I worked at Applebee's full time for over a year

I worked at Applebee's

Pros

Flexible schedules, great co workers, and learned a lot that can apply to many other jobs.

Cons

Long hours on your feet. Schedules were never posted on time and they were inconsistent. If you needed a manager for a discount or something else they were MIA 70% of the time. Lots of drama and tension due to working in a high stress environment.

2. Pretty much like the movie "waiting" lacking the comedy

Former Employee - Line Cook in Chesterton, IN
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Chesterton, IN

I worked at Applebee's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent starting pay, lenient managers

Cons

Hours and pay raises were based on favortism. Managers didn't care about employees slacking off and pushing their work onto the few employees who actually put in effort.

Advice to Management

Work should be fun but not a complete joke. Don't laugh about someone being incompetent, fire them.

There are newer employer reviews for Applebee's