Appleby Systems
applebysystems.com York, PA 50 to 149 Employees

Sales Rep

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
York, PA

ProsNone, Waste of time, gas and effort. Would not recommend to my worst enemy.

ConsCountless hours driving. Leads are obtained in a deceptive manner. Customers are given bogus sale to pressure into buying now or you don't get paid. No reimbursement for gas or time if sale is not made. Can't call back a customer if sale is not made that night. Company uses all the info you gathered at your cost to undersell your miss. Previous customers are not happy with the product or service. You are sent on leads which may be a two hour drive only to find no one home, they lost their job, they are only interested in the bogus contest they entered etc. Management lies, Marketing dept is rude. Totally unethical company. Would not recommend this costly experience to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure the entire selling program. Someday, somebody that you used is going to snap! Turnover while I was there in a short period of time was about 15 reps. How can anyone run a business like that! Totally a joke! Stay away!

Horrible Experience

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    York, PA

I worked at Appleby Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros: Short hours, not like a normal full-time job that you work 40 hours… Cons: Management was extremely unprofessional in more ways than I care to describe. They told us one thing one day and something completely different the next… Advice to Senior Management: Completely re-think who you have as managers because they don't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A Great Place To Work

I have been working at Appleby Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Family owned and operated means you are treated like "one of the Family" not like a "number" like most companies. Company has been in… Cons: Home Improvement Industry is comparable to Retail, Days, Evenings, Saturdays, most Marketing & Sales positions are great… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Appleby Systems.

Worked for Appleby Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Appleby Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Appleby Systems CEO John Kailian. All reviews posted anonymously by Appleby Systems employees.