There are newer employer reviews for Appleby Systems

Sales Rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative in York, PA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in York, PA

I have been working at Appleby Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None, Waste of time, gas and effort. Would not recommend to my worst enemy.

Cons

Countless hours driving. Leads are obtained in a deceptive manner. Customers are given bogus sale to pressure into buying now or you don't get paid. No reimbursement for gas or time if sale is not made. Can't call back a customer if sale is not made that night. Company uses all the info you gathered at your cost to undersell your miss. Previous customers are not happy with the product or service. You are sent on leads which may be a two hour drive only to find no one home, they lost their job, they are only interested in the bogus contest they entered etc. Management lies, Marketing dept is rude. Totally unethical company. Would not recommend this costly experience to anyone.

Restructure the entire selling program. Someday, somebody that you used is going to snap! Turnover while I was there in a short period of time was about 15 reps. How can anyone run a business like that! Totally a joke! Stay away!

17 Other Employee Reviews for Appleby Systems (View Most Recent)

Horrible Experience

Former Employee - Sales Representative in York, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in York, PA

I worked at Appleby Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Short hours, not like a normal full-time job that you work 40 hours a week. You only work at nights during the week and on Saturdays.

Cons

Management was extremely unprofessional in more ways than I care to describe. They told us one thing one day and something completely different the next day. On the day I told him I didn't want to work there anymore (exactly 1 week after training) He told me to go out on an appointment by myself. This is after telling our entire group the week prior to that, that we would go out with a senior sales rep so that we could see how its done first. Then he told me he never told us that? He told us there was no cold calling and then at the end of training he told us that we were required to "self-create" aka cold call each week. He kept our entire group in the dark constantly and we all talked about how this guy wasn't right. Not to mention the actual job and how they had a whole script written out word for word on how they want you to pressure sell average Joe's into spending 20K - 40K in windows and doors THAT NIGHT! Absolutely ridiculous.

Completely re-think who you have as managers because they don't know how to be professional and treat people right.

A Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

I have been working at Appleby Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Family owned and operated means you are treated like "one of the Family" not like a "number" like most companies. Company has been in business for more than 35 years which provides a great sense of security and stability for employees. Company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau which proves that have a commitment to customer satisfaction.

Cons

Home Improvement Industry is comparable to Retail, Days, Evenings, Saturdays, most Marketing & Sales positions are great for outgoing types but would not be suitable for a 9 to 5 cubicle type of personality.

There are newer employer reviews for Appleby Systems