Applied Engineering Inc.

www.ae-solutions.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Applied Engineering Inc.

Applied is a Good Midwestern Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Management Position in Bismarck, ND
Current Employee - Management Position in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Applied Engineering Inc.

Pros

The company is well diversified and they have been financially stable in a tough economy. At 100+ employee's, AE is an SME company. However, they are a large enough company to be able to provide better than average benefits, annual bonus's and decent wages to all of their employee's.

Cons

AE is owned 100% by the ESOP, but employee's don't seem to have much direct input on how the company operates. It would be beneficial to have more diversity represented on the board of directors. Terms might also be considered.

Empower your Managers/Directors. Provide them with the flexibility to make key decisions within their teams. Allow them to execute on an approved business plan and budget, alleviating delays in execution and productivity.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Applied Engineering Inc. (View Most Recent)

Like a ship with out a tiller.

Current Employee - Eng in Bismarck, ND
    Current Employee - Eng in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Applied Engineering Inc.

Pros

Flexable work environment. Balance of family and work life is good.

Cons

The company has been around for 25 years. Upper management is stuck in their ways and the industry is changing. They are used to the "good ol" days when they basically sent out invoices and collected checks. Not willing to change with the economy. I'm all for "if it's not broke, don't fix it" but nearly all the employees know it's broke but upper management is unwilling to change. Sad, they have huge potential but zero vision of the future.

Listen to the good employee's you have left on how to move the company in the right direction before they are all gone.

Great place to work. Great people to work with.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Applied Engineering Inc.

Pros

1. Opportunities: With a consulting company, you never know what's around the next corner. Since I've been with AE, I've been fortunate enough to work with dozens of companies and hundreds of people. The variety keeps things interesting and gives employees exposure to a variety of industries.
    2. People: The team at AE is very friendy. While at AE, I've developed many long lasting friendships both with coworkers and with customers.
    3. Location: Bismarck has been a great place to live. It can get a little cold in the winter, but there's plenty to do year round. The nice thing with AE is that there are opportunities for travel also with various projects, so if you enjoy getting out and seeing the world, it's an option. We have several offices in the Midwest and 1 in Texas, and our customers are located all over the world.

Cons

Applied Engineering, being a consulting company, is fairly dependant on customers. The recent economic downturn affected many of our customers, especially in the manufacturing industry, and this had a direct impact on our workload. AE has made strides to overcome this by diversifying our customer base and exploring other business markets.

Continue to build strong relationships with employees and customers. Keep looking for ways to improve and grow the company while maintaining a close-knit team atmosphere.

There are newer employer reviews for Applied Engineering Inc.