Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland)

www.applied.com
  www.applied.com
There are newer employer reviews for Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland)

Good company being damaged by new management style.

Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great knowledge base in the experienced personnel. Personnel are very professional and always willing to help others and always do their best for the customers.

Cons

Losing good people at an astonishing pace. Hourly personnel struggle to complete their tasks in the 8 hour day. Salaried people are expected to complete all non selling activities on their own time including SAP training. Vendor training is now expected to be completed after 5PM. The Home/Work balance is no more.

Pay more attention to your Sellers, Inside and Outside. Customers are not happy with the diminishing resources in the branches.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) (View Most Recent)

Excellent

Former Employee - CSSR in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - CSSR in Miami, FL

I worked at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits after only one month of service, great compensation if they have to let you go for reasons like Branch closing. Excellent computer sales system, Management are very friendly oriented people and I rate them better than the number one company in the same field of business (MI)

Cons

As per my own experience if they have to close a branch the will give you a very good benefit package but no offers for relocation........ Other than that I have no other issues.

Keep good Employees and get rid of the bad ones when closing facilities (Branch)

Good for building experience and knowledge base, but not for advancing in career.

Former Employee - CSSR
    Former Employee - CSSR

I worked at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learning new products, good relationship with coworkers and customers. Many opportunities for training.

Cons

Initiative and knowledge is not valued. People are protected simply becuase fo seniority. I knew more about the products in 5 years than a 20 year veteran (and there were and still are constant complaints about him) but when times got tough they reduced my hours and kept him.

Keep good employees and quit showing loyalties to those who are detrimental to your business! General managers and SCM's need to have ability to choose who they can keep when the economy dictates that they must lay someone off.