Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland)

www.applied.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland)

Awesome company - very customer and employee focused

I have been working at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) full-time

Pros

Customer focused, Employee focused, Supplier focused. New ERP system a big investment and a very good choice.

Cons

Large company with typical red tape. New ERP system a plus but also a learning curve. Lean run and managed company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. An entire life career... Many positions.... I am looking for a new job now!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Deer Park, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Deer Park, TX

I have been working at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can get good experience if you apply yourself and learn on your own. Great products. A for "attempted" effort with new SAP system. Really good inter-company logistics.

Cons

No accountability, no one makes sure associates are given timely reviews and compensation for performance. Poor performers continue to adversely affect service to the customers without consequences. Too much playing. No higher management involvement. Outside sales do not sell because of lack of support from inside sales. No training available.

Advice to Management

Really????? Not even worth the time. Thats why they get the big bucks. Its not rocket science.

OK

Former Employee - Programmer in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Programmer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

very good manager. made a lot of close friends at work. could work a pretty traditional 7am - 4pm day with very little overtime.

Cons

I had a very good manager, but many of the other high level folks in IT were very average.

Advice to Management

they placed very little value on employees trying to better themselves (Graduate school, for example). In fact, one former CIO once said in a mtg...and I am paraphrasing here....'Tell all your employees that just because they get an MBA, does not mean they get a raise'. he was missing the point entirely. those individuals that get those advanced degrees are exactly the people you want to keep. many of them (although, not all) are the leaders of the future. I have seen so many companies take talented people for granted. In fact, when I left Applied Industrial, I got a raise of more than 20%. This was not an anomaly. Many other folks that I know, who also moved on from AIT, had the same experience.