Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland)

www.applied.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland)

Just Another Job

I have been working at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland)

Pros

Diversified Supplier with new acquisitions.

Cons

No opportunity for growth or to acheive assigned goals.

Pay employess their TRUE worth

34 Other Employee Reviews for Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) (View Most Recent)

Intern

Current Employee - Corporate Communications in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate Communications in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland)

Pros

Great environment and great company to work for. Everyone around the office wants to help you learn about the corporate world.

Cons

The work for my specific department was tedious at times. When I did finish things rather quickly, they did not have other things line up for me to do.

Fluid Power Specialist

Former Employee - Fluid Power Specialist
    Former Employee - Fluid Power Specialist

I worked at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) full-time

Pros

Solid Company with reasonable employee benefits. Product specific training is available.
    Company car is provided, with a personal use deduction. Cell phone use is reimbursed and a company laptop provided.

Cons

There is a trend that is spreading among corporations to keep vital information from their own sales staff.
    In my opinion AIT appears to be implementing this strategy with the goal of preventing information leakage.

During my tenure, Upper Management was laying the blame on the change over to SAP as their information management system globally for the reason that sales reports gave no product detail, only sales dollars by branches or by product group. No itemized product sales by account was available.

When you're tasked with keeping and growing sales for a company you need accurate sales reports, they are your compass and sometimes the only real eyes you have on your customer.
    You need to see not only current trends, but past history as well.

If you're calling on a customer for the first time and your sales report shows that their purchase of pumps has dropped from buying twenty a month to only 1 every four months, you'd want to know why.

Are they experiencing a slow down?
    Did you lose sales to a competitor?
    Did you lose out on a new design and are only providing replacement parts sales business.
    (This last one is really bad, but It can happen)

The scenario above pertains more to what you'd experience as a recent hire; which I was, but even senior employees with solid customer relationships are going to start dropping the ball at some point without detailed sales information.

From recent interviews with current AIT Fluid Power Specialists sales reports still provide little detail to the Fluid Power Specialists.

You can't grow by keeping people in the Dark.