There are newer employer reviews for Applied Information Sciences

An excellent Microsoft Technologies company with superior management.

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager
Former Employee - Senior Program Manager

I worked at Applied Information Sciences

Pros

Provides exceptional opportunities to learn various Microsoft Technologies. In addition, provides professional environment and opportunities to grow in leadership and management.

Cons

Company attempted to expand in the Houston marketplace without a well defined long term marketing plan. Loss of major account during economic recession resulted in significant staff reductions.

reviews filtered by
  1. Top Reasons to Work at AIS

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The number one thing I like best about working at AIS is knowing that I am a valued member of the team.

From day one my knowledge and skills were recognized and put to immediate use.

The enthusiasm shown by the AIS recruiting team during my interview and subsequent hiring was an important factor in choosing to work at AIS.

The honesty and integrity of the Leadership demonstrated during my interview/hiring process is the reason I came to work for AIS.

Cons

If you want to work 9-5 and just collect a paycheck, do not work here
    If you need to be micromanaged, do not work here
    If you are done learning and growing professionally, do not work here

Continue to set Vision, Goals & Objectives
    Continue to provide opportunities
    Continue to encourage creativity and innovation

Applied Information Sciences Response

Mar 10, 2015Director

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are continuing to seek ways to provide opportunities for our employees and to innovate. Effective execution of this involves high engagement of our ... More

2. "Was" an excellent place to work.

Former Employee - Developer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Developer in Reston, VA

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Intelligent staff. Good Practices. Excellent pay and benefits. New Technology. I had a great time. Contributed greatly to the company, and the company treated me well as long as there was a project. I was lucky enough to be put on a good project (at first).

Cons

Everyone knew work became scarce. I usually received around a 5/5 star review, when AIS lost their biggest client and work dried up, I was no longer treated well, was pushed and shuffled around, denied a raise and had a tough time claiming a well deserved bonus. I received a fabricated 1/5 review, and was terminated.

Don't burn bridges. I would have given a 4 or 5 star. But then, why burn bridges?

Applied Information Sciences Response

Mar 27, 2015Director

Thanks for your feedback. As a former employee, you can certainly understand the nuances of resource management, providing opportunity and growing by winning new work. This is always difficult, but ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Applied Information Sciences