Applied Materials
www.appliedmaterials.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Very Challenging any dynamic environment

Sunnyvale, CA

ProsTeam work, challenging projects, lot of exciting things going on. Experiencing what's happening at the front of semiconductor technology and etc.

ConsAgain, challenging environment lead to high pressure at the work place. Lack of resources and need to face multiple customer un-reasonable requests all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the employees, who are the most worthy assets in the company. Focus and excel on the core products and do not invest in low tech and easy to enter sectors by what Wallstreet is talking about.

If you want to move up in the company, come from another company

Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Applied Materials

Pros: global company, good pay, great technology Cons: There is a very real bias against employees advancing into the senior management roles. It does not matter what you do… Advice to Senior Management: Preference internal promotion over external hires. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Satisfied but the volatility is nerve racking

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Applied Materials

Pros: I found the position, people to be most rewarding. The compenstion was… Cons: The value of adequate engineering resources within the KPU, and field operations is a clear detractor. RIFs and the up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Applied Materials.

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Materials reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Materials CEO Gary Dickerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Applied Materials employees.